This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: This is the size Legendary Pokemon should be!

#21TenzhiPosted 1/23/2013 4:03:33 AM
Nerwrax15 posted...
And the fact that them just yawning would break the sound barrier

That's a very fast yawn, but breaking the sound barrier isn't extremely destructive. Unless you mean to indicate that it would be very loud.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#22RuneArcanisPosted 1/23/2013 4:07:45 AM
RX0mega posted...
Lexifox posted...
I don't see any reason that strength and power should be conformed to a specific size, particularly when a lot of their mythical abilities aren't based on physical capabilities.

Okay, so you think a Pokemon that literally has the power to raze an entire region to the ground in an inferno in an instant should be about the same size as you and me, or even comparable to you and me?

Even the sprites in the games make the Legendary Pokemon look huge, then you whip out the Pokedex and see they're comparable to a 11 year old kid -_-

I mean take a look at the weight and height, of, say, Kyogre. A Pokemon so powerful it literally can create downpours, and is called the "Sea Basin Pokemon". It is 4.5 meters high, and weighs about as much as a really obese adult.

The same goes for Palkia, a Pokemon that is literally a deity that alters the fabric of the universe.

Even more ridiculous in comparison to those two is Groudon. 3.5 meters tall, and it weighs 950 kilos. This is a Pokemon that can cause harsh sunlight, and is call The Continent Pokemon. The Continent Pokemon is comparable to a human in size...

Hell the anime even portrays the Legendary Pokemon far larger than humans for the most part (exceptions are obviously small things like Shaymin, though even that isn't as small as the game would have you think).

These Pokemon are hyped up in their own games as titans, things to be feared. Titans are generally huge. These....are small. When you are supposedly an allmighty god like Pokemon and are vastly overshadowed by Wailord then there is a problem.

“Size matters not, ... Look at me. Judge me by size, do you?”
#23CrevoxPosted 1/23/2013 4:09:57 AM
Wailord op
#24TheWhoFanPosted 1/23/2013 4:18:28 AM
FungusForBrains posted...
I don't get it. Size =/= power.

Pretty much this. But it seems that RX0mega wants to pick a fight and will shoot down any opinion that doesn't agree with his.

GG, RX0mega. Quality topic.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#25NitharadPosted 1/23/2013 4:30:15 AM
They don't have to be THAT big like in the pic, but bigger would be nice.

A few small legendaries are fine tho.

But many Pokemon should be a lot bigger ... I'm bigger than a Charizard !
#26DaimaoTakahashiPosted 1/23/2013 4:38:20 AM
RX0mega posted...
Lexifox posted...
I don't see any reason that strength and power should be conformed to a specific size, particularly when a lot of their mythical abilities aren't based on physical capabilities.

Okay, so you think a Pokemon that literally has the power to raze an entire region to the ground in an inferno in an instant should be about the same size as you and me, or even comparable to you and me?

Even the sprites in the games make the Legendary Pokemon look huge, then you whip out the Pokedex and see they're comparable to a 11 year old kid -_-

I mean take a look at the weight and height, of, say, Kyogre. A Pokemon so powerful it literally can create downpours, and is called the "Sea Basin Pokemon". It is 4.5 meters high, and weighs about as much as a really obese adult.

The same goes for Palkia, a Pokemon that is literally a deity that alters the fabric of the universe.

Even more ridiculous in comparison to those two is Groudon. 3.5 meters tall, and it weighs 950 kilos. This is a Pokemon that can cause harsh sunlight, and is call The Continent Pokemon. The Continent Pokemon is comparable to a human in size...

Hell the anime even portrays the Legendary Pokemon far larger than humans for the most part (exceptions are obviously small things like Shaymin, though even that isn't as small as the game would have you think).

These Pokemon are hyped up in their own games as titans, things to be feared. Titans are generally huge. These....are small. When you are supposedly an allmighty god like Pokemon and are vastly overshadowed by Wailord then there is a problem.

Size=/=Power, though I am fairly certain that Universe Destroyer, Arceus, can manipulate its height (which is 10 feet tall at the least) given its abilities.
#27RikusTwilightPosted 1/23/2013 4:39:07 AM
Having them huge in the anime is cool and all, seeing them a decent size is nice and makes you go 'woah'

But considering this is a game, and all of it is non-fiction, then no, I don't really care about the size of a pokemon. I don't pour over the Pokedex and rosterbate to the sizes of the pokemon when compared to a human.

In real life, if these kind of giant pokemon were to exist, it would literally be like the Island of Godzilla, and we'd also have no world left.

Think about it, Lugia can create tornados with a flap of its wings, Zekrom always creates lightning, Groudon can make the sun beam strongly, which would destroy crops, Kyogre can make it rain, also destroying crops.

There would be no humans left if ANY of these pokemon were to be alive, let alone ALL of them.
#28ReiShingami1Posted 1/23/2013 4:55:55 AM
Read Pokemon Adventure manga, especially Ruby/Sapphire saga, there is Kyogre and Groundon big as you wish.
---
PSN: ReiShingami
#29EpicLatiosPosted 1/23/2013 4:59:09 AM
If legendaries are this big than Pokemon would seem more like Shadows of the Colossus.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#30mkami3013Posted 1/23/2013 5:02:49 AM
I voted yes thinking that the size TC implies is the size of Xerneas, which is small enough to be standing in a forest but not taller than half of the tree height. Usually the pairing legendary size are about equal, so this applies to Yveltal too.

Clicked on the link for the image file, ......no, just no. My vote goes to No.