This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: This is the size Legendary Pokemon should be!

#51ThelormePosted 1/23/2013 9:31:53 AM
If Reshiram or Zekrom really were the size you show in that picture, it would break something for me. Yes they would be a lot more impressive but then how does catching them with a Pokeball would even begin to make sense?
Don't forget that Pokemon is about a child's journey through the unknown. It's not about god-like powers of destructions and global politics. Everything is scaled down to the size of the child so that he can feel he is a part of this world. Making the legendaries that big would just mean they would exist on their own and you the child-player would have no effect on their life, they probably wouldn't even notice you.
But, make them 5-ish meters tall and then they will notice any human that comes to challenge them. That's the idea behind pokemon, that no matter how powerful or impressive the creature, you get a chance to battle it and tame it. How would you even begin battling something that flattens cities with it's foot?
Going by your logic, fighting against Zekrom would either be hopeless because my Emboar would barely manage to wrestle one hair on its toe or completely immersion-breaking because a Flamethrower from a 2-meter pig would manage to take away 1/4 of the life of this colossus.

So, no. I really do think you're wrong with your statement. Most RPGS can and should have those kind of awe-inspiring monsters but Pokemon is the one franchise that does it right by keeping everything in the reach of a ten year old's grasp.
---
White FC : 2021 9092 7979 (Fiona)
#52fuzi11Posted 1/23/2013 9:39:01 AM
Depends on the legendary

Groudon and Kyogre should have that size.

Mewtwo not so much
#53PolimarioPosted 1/23/2013 9:39:04 AM
No.

"Alright, time to bike to Nacrene Ci-" *Runs into Zekrom's foot*
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#54hellslingerPosted 1/23/2013 9:47:20 AM
You so funny TC
---
http://i.imgur.com/6oqZA.jpg
#55Oni SeraphPosted 1/23/2013 10:10:26 AM
Nerwrax15 posted...
And the fact that them just yawning would break the sound barrier

That's a very fast yawn, but breaking the sound barrier isn't extremely destructive. Unless you mean to indicate that it would be very loud.

I'm pretty sure that if a yawn broke the sound barrier and came from something that size it would be pretty destructive. They'd be able to destroy that entire city with an accidental cough.
---
Oni Seraph: Be humble on your path.
You have nothing to prove to anyone, not even yourself. Trust yourself, always.
#56GeomagnusPosted 1/23/2013 10:20:33 AM
RX0mega posted...
Lexifox posted...
I don't see any reason that strength and power should be conformed to a specific size, particularly when a lot of their mythical abilities aren't based on physical capabilities.

Okay, so you think a Pokemon that literally has the power to raze an entire region to the ground in an inferno in an instant should be about the same size as you and me, or even comparable to you and me?

Even the sprites in the games make the Legendary Pokemon look huge, then you whip out the Pokedex and see they're comparable to a 11 year old kid -_-

I mean take a look at the weight and height, of, say, Kyogre. A Pokemon so powerful it literally can create downpours, and is called the "Sea Basin Pokemon". It is 4.5 meters high, and weighs about as much as a really obese adult.

The same goes for Palkia, a Pokemon that is literally a deity that alters the fabric of the universe.

Even more ridiculous in comparison to those two is Groudon. 3.5 meters tall, and it weighs 950 kilos. This is a Pokemon that can cause harsh sunlight, and is call The Continent Pokemon. The Continent Pokemon is comparable to a human in size...

Hell the anime even portrays the Legendary Pokemon far larger than humans for the most part (exceptions are obviously small things like Shaymin, though even that isn't as small as the game would have you think).

These Pokemon are hyped up in their own games as titans, things to be feared. Titans are generally huge. These....are small. When you are supposedly an allmighty god like Pokemon and are vastly overshadowed by Wailord then there is a problem.

"Big things come in small packages." /thread
#57paiprPosted 1/23/2013 10:20:35 AM
Nitharad posted...
They don't have to be THAT big like in the pic, but bigger would be nice.

A few small legendaries are fine tho.

But many Pokemon should be a lot bigger ... I'm bigger than a Charizard !

this. Many Pokemon seem like they could be bigger (the shows choice on heights don't help much) but then you look at there height and your just like....... Really?
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#58BoatsNh0esPosted 1/23/2013 10:36:05 AM
RX0mega posted...
Lexifox posted...
I don't see any reason that strength and power should be conformed to a specific size, particularly when a lot of their mythical abilities aren't based on physical capabilities.

Even more ridiculous in comparison to those two is Groudon. 3.5 meters tall, and it weighs 950 kilos. This is a Pokemon that can cause harsh sunlight, and is call The Continent Pokemon. The Continent Pokemon is comparable to a human in size...

.....what? What human is 11 and a half feet tall and weighs 2100 pounds? That's small elephant sized. That seems right about the size a legendary pokemon should be
---
#4 Ohio State : 12-0 (9-0)
Ohio University : 9-4 (4-4)
#59TenzhiPosted 1/23/2013 10:41:33 AM
Oni Seraph posted...
I'm pretty sure that if a yawn broke the sound barrier and came from something that size it would be pretty destructive. They'd be able to destroy that entire city with an accidental cough.

The sound itself wouldn't break the sound barrier, as sound travels at the speed of sound. The movement involved might break the sound barrier, but regardless of the size of the object involved the only things likely to get destroyed by the sonic boom would be windows on sufficiently sealed/pressurized chambers.

Putting aside the notion apparent speed-related term where an indication of volume was likely meant... Any sound generated is unlikely to cause significant damage to structures as it would generally require hitting a resonant frequency long enough to cause damaging vibrations. Glass would again be the most likely casualty structurally speaking. I've heard that people/animals *might* be adversely affected (psychologically... and physically in ways other than hearing loss) by certain frequencies.

Now, I imagine the expulsion of air used to generate a given sound might involve enough of a pressure wave to cause damage, though I also imagine it'd be relatively short range and directional.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#60WombatishPosted 1/23/2013 10:58:55 AM
GATTJT posted...
Imagine a colossus from your picture standing in the middle of a region engulfed by flames. Now picture the poke actual sized in that same situation.

I think this really hurts your argument.

How so?
---
I LIKE HOT MAN CORPSES AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT, **** -Olan