This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder how many other gen pokemon will be in this one

#1ColorlessMagePosted 1/23/2013 1:30:28 PM
Welp considering this is the first MAIN pokemon game in 3d,I wonder how many of the other Gen pokemon will be in it.

Will nintendo somehow find a way to make this compatible with other pokemon games so you can "catch em all" or will they stuff them all in this game? *oh god please put every pokemon from gen 1 to 5 on here instead of making it compatible with others D:*
#2VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/23/2013 1:35:31 PM
Though I know it is incredibly unlikely, I would LOVE it if they had all Pokemon from previous gens available. Ideally, make it so you can even catch some during the main game so you could use them without having to trade (or implement a NG+, and just raise the difficulty, which would be fine too). Just make previous gen Pokemon very rare encounters.

Extremely unlikely, I know, but I can dream, can't I...?
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/23/2013 1:37:51 PM
Well, as of now, we know that, at the very least, Pikachu will be available. However, seeing as he's the mascot of the franchise, it doesn't tell us much.
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#4ColorlessMage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:38:40 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Though I know it is incredibly unlikely, I would LOVE it if they had all Pokemon from previous gens available. Ideally, make it so you can even catch some during the main game so you could use them without having to trade (or implement a NG+, and just raise the difficulty, which would be fine too). Just make previous gen Pokemon very rare encounters.

Extremely unlikely, I know, but I can dream, can't I...?

Nope you aren't alone,I'm dreaming with ya XD
#5ThatKippPosted 1/23/2013 1:40:03 PM(edited)
Every Pokemon will be obtainable via backward compatibility, but probably won't be used in-game, since there are so many of them already. Pokedex 3D Pro already has every Pokemon model they'll be using for the first 649, so that won't be a problem.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#6VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/23/2013 1:40:08 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Well, as of now, we know that, at the very least, Pikachu will be available. However, seeing as he's the mascot of the franchise, it doesn't tell us much.

I know he was in the trailer, but when did it get confirmed he would be in the game? Not saying you're wrong, I just didn't see that info, and would love confirmation. (I like Pikachu. Not my favorite Pokemon, but still in my Top 20...)
---
#7CakeOfLiesPosted 1/23/2013 1:40:33 PM
I like being able to transfer up. I can't fathom why people are like "NO TRANSFERRING!!! IT'S A STUPID FEATURE!!! I WANNA NOT HAVE MY OLD EVENT POKEMON FOR SOME REASON!!!"

But there will probably be a lot of previous Pokemon in this game.
---
"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
#8VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/23/2013 1:42:25 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
I like being able to transfer up. I can't fathom why people are like "NO TRANSFERRING!!! IT'S A STUPID FEATURE!!! I WANNA NOT HAVE MY OLD EVENT POKEMON FOR SOME REASON!!!"

But there will probably be a lot of previous Pokemon in this game.

I don't have an issue with transferring. It's just difficult if you don't have the necessary equipment. And since this is the first purely 3DS game, it might be better to just have them all available than have to deal with transferring.
---
#9ThatKippPosted 1/23/2013 1:42:31 PM

I know he was in the trailer, but when did it get confirmed he would be in the game? Not saying you're wrong, I just didn't see that info, and would love confirmation. (I like Pikachu. Not my favorite Pokemon, but still in my Top 20...)

Well, it showed a wild Pikachu appearing, complete with the message, "A wild Pikachu appeared!".
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X boards
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#10P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/23/2013 1:43:16 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...

It hasn't been. But, again, at the very least, we know he's obtainable in some form, be it through the wild, transfer, or even a "Dream World"-esque development
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards