This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you want sequels again?

#21EnferolunosPosted 1/24/2013 7:39:24 AM
I said "I don't care," but it's more of a "it depends on how they're implemented"
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#22KogaSteelfangPosted 1/24/2013 7:47:39 AM
Aurawhisperer posted...
Seqs was a dumb idea and a waste of money, even though GF got profit off of it because people would be dumb enough to buy both versions. It was also for the keys too, which i bet was a complete gimmick feature

Was it dumber than releasing a 3rd version of the same game, with only some new content?

Sequels were a great idea, it added much more than a 3rd version logically could have, it was a fresh experience(Unlike replaying the same game as before), and they got much more profit from it because people are less willing to skip new entries than they are remakes, aside what you mentioned of people buying both versions.

It's a win/win, unlike remakes, which kill the sales of the previous installment, are skipped over, and don't sell as well as 2 new games.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#23OHJOY90Posted 1/24/2013 7:59:17 AM
I would prefer they did a third version but as long as they do a good job of the sequel I would be fine with it.
---
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/OHJOY90/Nintendo3DSForumSignatureSmall.jpg
#24Nidhogg151(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:22:47 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
I liked what they did with B2/W2. Making a third game would be kinda boring.

I'm not suggesting they make a B/W3. I'm suggesting they make "Z" a sequel to X/Y, like B/W2 was to B/W. I think a 3rd sequel to any of the games would be too excessive unless they happened to make a gen with a killer story/region.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576