This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So.... now that dual typing is solid....

#1HauntedBulletsPosted 1/23/2013 3:33:28 PM
When are they going to introduce dual type attacks?

A few ideas...(Some pre-existing moves)

Mud Sling - Ground/Water - Deals damage/reduces accuracy

Will O Wisp - Fire/Ghost - Don't remember exact effect but adds fire damage.

Charged Ball - Steel/Electric - Deals damage/may cause paralysis

Icy Spears - Ice/Steel - Deals damage on switch

Basically I am think we can finally maybe do some 4x damage, exploit weakness of different pokemon on the same move,

Also adds a little more strategy in making sure something isn't strong against one half of the move.(Attacks that deal damage that is usually completely ignored are cut in half before damage calculations are done. Example; Charged Ball will be more like just a Steel Ball against ground opponents)
---
PSN: HauntedBullets
#2RoobitysuPosted 1/23/2013 3:36:35 PM
I don't feel like digging up the reasons why this is such a terrible idea, I'm sure someone else will.
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/e5de91bc9e78a0e01dfbf4db864977ef.jpg Roxie <3
#3MrMahoPosted 1/23/2013 3:37:32 PM
I know people talk about the dual typing thing often (especially me and my friends), but I think it may require too much thinking for people. Though I would actually like this, since I love how it would make a person think before making a move with ease, it may be harder for a younger generation of children to be able to think of move without hesitating for a while.

However, I do have a feeling that I'd rather have the moves stay mono-type. So, it's a bit of a mix for me. But I don't feel dual type moves happening.
#4Twilight_SonataPosted 1/23/2013 3:40:22 PM
HauntedBullets posted...

Never because that's a horrible idea that would completely break the game. Whereas before you had a maximum of x6 damage (4x weakness, 1.5x STAB), now you have a maximum of x36 damage (2 4x weaknesses, 2 1.5x STABs).
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#5Cpt_CalamityPosted 1/23/2013 3:44:06 PM
This is a great idea that I have never heard anyone propose before. Imagine using Heat Wave from a Moltres on a Paras with Dry Skin!
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#6NinjaKitsunePosted 1/23/2013 3:45:15 PM
HauntedBullets posted...

Never because that's a horrible idea that would completely break the game. Whereas before you had a maximum of x6 damage (4x weakness, 1.5x STAB), now you have a maximum of x36 damage (2 4x weaknesses, 2 1.5x STABs).

Capping weakness at 4x (same mechanics as now, just insert "if >4x set to 4x") would help. Then we'd only have 9x damage. Of course, dual type attacks could potentially open up a lot more 4x weaknesses, which would make for a more offensive metagame.
---
If you see this, something broke gamefox
#7Pendragon71037Posted 1/23/2013 3:50:04 PM
NinjaKitsune posted...
HauntedBullets posted...

Capping weakness at 4x (same mechanics as now, just insert "if >4x set to 4x") would help. Then we'd only have 9x damage. Of course, dual type attacks could potentially open up a lot more 4x weaknesses, which would make for a more offensive metagame.

The metagame is offensive enough as it is. We need something to make it less of, hurr durr, use rain and win!
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. Proud member of the Omastar Club. All hail Omastar! Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#8Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/23/2013 3:54:39 PM
This idea is awful.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#9AlbinoCrocodilePosted 1/23/2013 3:55:47 PM
Too much complication.
---
Miss Albino at your service...
Not really.
#10the_cajun88Posted 1/23/2013 4:02:42 PM
This idea is awful.

People here will keep coming up with these terrible ideas until everything is confirmed, then they'll start speculating about the next game.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg