This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So.... now that dual typing is solid....

#41kwando1313Posted 1/24/2013 3:45:01 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand TC isn't going hungry today.
---
"[Soccer] is like chess, only without the dice." -Lukas Podolski
#42TherianReturnsPosted 1/24/2013 3:46:52 PM
This board lols me

"no"
"no this is terrible idea"
"what are you thinking?"

Talk about close minded and arrogant. A true Pokemon fan is open to new ideas. And as such dudes with negativity and that kind of madness needs to be go elsewhere
---
Therian the God King. The only true Pokemon fan.
#43AzurinaiPosted 1/24/2013 3:59:43 PM
If they did dual typed moves it should be handled like how Dragon Quest Monsters Joker does it.

If a move has 2 types, it should check to hit a weakness, if it does, it does 2x, if hits a weakness and a strength, it hits the weakness instead. If it hits a neutral and strength, it hits the neutral instead. If it's strong to both, then it's resisted for x0.5 damage.

Basically, it hits the least resisted type. If they have STAB it applies to the move only once, so it takes the best bonus there, it won't add them or multiply them together.
---
"Why do I check for updates when I know there's nothing there?"
#44jayman7Posted 1/24/2013 4:07:53 PM
Azurinai posted...
If they did dual typed moves it should be handled like how Dragon Quest Monsters Joker does it.

If a move has 2 types, it should check to hit a weakness, if it does, it does 2x, if hits a weakness and a strength, it hits the weakness instead. If it hits a neutral and strength, it hits the neutral instead. If it's strong to both, then it's resisted for x0.5 damage.

Basically, it hits the least resisted type. If they have STAB it applies to the move only once, so it takes the best bonus there, it won't add them or multiply them together.

While less bad, even that is a fairly weak option. What's worse, it renders immunity moot and how it interacts with STAB or type-modifying abilities would cause complaints regardless of how it's handled.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere