This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Animals that have yet to be a Poke

#81Robot_SoopaPosted 1/24/2013 10:40:27 AM
SirPierce posted...
Meech55 posted...
SirPierce posted...
Too many to list. People don't realize how many animals exist. GF reuses the same ones instead of using cool new ones.

I want some Cryptid Pokemon...

Loch Ness Monster - Water
Yeti - Ice

Lapras is kind of like the Loch Ness Monster.

Abomasnow is the Yeti (or abominable snow man).

I posted more suggestions than that. Someone just quoted those two to point out Lapras and Abomasnow. I responded stating that those are stretches. Cryptids are cool enough to not need to be modified into a tree or a turtle wannabe (mind you, I love Lapras).

There is no "stretch" that's literally what their intended design is. Pokemon tend to be a concept from the real world combined with a gimmick so don't be surprised when there isn't a straight Nessie and Yeti because we already have them.
#82vital_tundraPosted 1/24/2013 10:53:41 AM
DMGirl posted...
How about an echidna? It's kind of similar to a platypus I believe, but it would be interesting.

Cyndaquil... -_-
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#83HejiruPosted 1/24/2013 11:05:17 AM(edited)
DaemonscharmII posted...
faruway posted...
No one mention this...

A dolphin

A lot of people have mentioned that

What about a Banshee? Ghost/flying type

I'm pretty sure Misdreavus is based on a Banshee.

faruway posted...
No one mention this...

A dolphin

Are you kidding? Every five minutes somebody is saying there should be a dolphin Pokemon.

---
Hidden details about the Wii U Yoshi game I noticed: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65259642
#84ChaosHawk89Posted 1/24/2013 11:35:19 AM(edited)
jayman7 posted...

Psyduck is a platypus. He has a general platypus shape, fingered hands instead of wings, a mammalian tail (platypus tails aren't REALLY flat), short legs, no real neck... all like a platypus. The only thing Psyduck has that ducks have and platypodes don't is the name... oh, wait, no, duck-billed platypus, so even the name fits.

Also, were Psyduck a duck, he'd be the only bird in the entire franchise with no connection to the Flying type more significant than learning Aerial Ace, which can be learned by Diglett of all things. The only non-Flying-type birds are the Torchic and Piplup families, and even they get things like Drill Peck and Brave Bird.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/ lists Psyduck's species as duck. Your argument is invalid.

Also we need a wolf pokemon. I can't believe there hasn't been one already tbh.
---
?
#85HejiruPosted 1/24/2013 11:37:35 AM
ChaosHawk89 posted...
jayman7 posted...

Psyduck is a platypus. He has a general platypus shape, fingered hands instead of wings, a mammalian tail (platypus tails aren't REALLY flat), short legs, no real neck... all like a platypus. The only thing Psyduck has that ducks have and platypodes don't is the name... oh, wait, no, duck-billed platypus, so even the name fits.

Also, were Psyduck a duck, he'd be the only bird in the entire franchise with no connection to the Flying type more significant than learning Aerial Ace, which can be learned by Diglett of all things. The only non-Flying-type birds are the Torchic and Piplup families, and even they get things like Drill Peck and Brave Bird.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/ lists Psyduck's species as duck. Your argument is invalid.

Yeah and it calls Caterpie a worm too. The species names are not reliable.

Psyduck is based on both a duck and a platypus, but visually it's more similar to a platypus than a duck.
---
Hidden details about the Wii U Yoshi game I noticed: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65259642
#86jayman7Posted 1/24/2013 12:29:21 PM
Hejiru posted...
ChaosHawk89 posted...
jayman7 posted...

Yeah and it calls Caterpie a worm too. The species names are not reliable.

Psyduck is based on both a duck and a platypus, but visually it's more similar to a platypus than a duck.

And let's not forget what is quite possibly the worst Pokedex description in the game: Blastoise as a "shellfish".

I'd be willing to accept that there's some rubber duck influence in Psyduck because of his yellow color, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go in the "duck, not platypus" direction.

Oddly, there's another Pokemon with "duck" in its name that isn't based on a duck, though at least it's waterfowl and there's a good reason why it gets "duck" in its name (I refer to Ducklett, who's actually a cygnet (baby swan)). The one true duck Pokemon does not have "duck" anywhere in its name: Farfetch'd.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#87ZhacariasPosted 1/24/2013 12:49:28 PM(edited)
this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Glaucus_atlanticus_1_cropped.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucus_atlanticus

make it poison/dark
#88IrisVilePosted 1/24/2013 1:06:04 PM
KillerMechanoid posted...
Zephiroth X52 posted...
Crown of thorns is less of an Animal and more of an object, but it could work

Crown-of-thorns is a toxic, spiky starfish responsible for destroying coral reefs. It could be a Poison/Dark evolution of the Sea Urchin (makes sense, as both are toxic spiky enchinoderms)

IrisVile posted...
I also want a tall giraffe...

Girafarig. Unless you consider it a "short" giraffe, in which case it could get an evo with longer neck (and tail)

I am well aware of Girafatig's existence, I like it quite a bit actually. But I want something poke scale at least 10 feet tall slender and elegant, for my giraffe. Perhaps Girafarig could gain a split evo through either leveling up or different stones (light and dark) that would depend on which end evolves.

Like an elegant Psychic/Fire/Electric for the Giraffe side and maybe some cool Dark/Psychic/Steel for the chain chomp side.
---
I'm a wench, who vomits her mind.
#89MaurithPosted 1/24/2013 1:07:46 PM
Still want my jackalope.
---
Official Sawsbuck of the Pokemon XY boards
[Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Katarina, Volibear, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]
#90TIGERJACKS0NPosted 1/24/2013 2:31:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]