This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you double up types on your team?

#1DaemonscharmPosted 1/23/2013 7:51:29 PM
I find it hard to have a diverse team when I love a specific type or Poke so much.

In RBY I always had an influx of grass since I used to love grass types. Venusaur and Weepinbell with Muk as my wall

Water types in GSC. Ferraligator, Quagsire and Gyrados. For some reason I couldn't bring myself to change my team to better withstand a grass type.

RSE I was pretty good about variety but I did have Sableye and Groudon

Skipped DPPt

I tried hard to keep full coverage on my team but with my Magnezone/Scrafty/Krookodile/Lucario core I have a huge logjam at fighting, dark and steel.

Dark and Fighting are my favorites and I would love to have a Scrafty, Throh, Sawk, Krookodile, and Lucario team.. but I would get decimated in competition
---
Mavs Fan: Official GBASB Vice President/Romancer
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
#2P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 1/23/2013 8:01:18 PM
I double up whenever I feel like; most particularly when I do mono-type runs
---
Official Lugia of the Pokemon BW2 Boards
#3Daemonscharm(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 5:30:53 AM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I double up whenever I feel like; most particularly when I do mono-type runs

What happens when you get to a gym of that types weakness?
---
Mavs Fan: Official GBASB Vice President/Romancer
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
#4KAMMYqueenPosted 1/24/2013 5:33:27 AM
i try not too i think there was like one time i did but dont remmber what i use
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#5DarkBlueAntPosted 1/24/2013 5:36:26 AM
I always have a lot of Bugs on my team. This generation is actually the least amount of Bug I've had on my main team, with 3.

Playing online against tons of different opponents has made me have to compromise...
#6CakeOfLiesPosted 1/24/2013 5:53:45 AM
The only reason that I don't have Scrafty or Excadrill on my current team is because I already have Lucario and Garchomp.
I try very hard to not double up in Types.
---
"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
#7MidniteZoruaPosted 1/24/2013 6:12:58 AM(edited)
In my Black 2 playthrough, my team had two Psychic types in Sigilyph and Starmie, plus two Dark types in Zoroark and Drapion.
I nearly boxed Gigalith for Roserade, which would've given me two grass types paired with Serperior, but I went against that decision in the end. Would've given me three double-ups across the board, but meh.
---
Member of Kid Icarus: Uprising clan Angel Strikers.
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.
#8Skull_proPosted 1/24/2013 6:29:01 AM
I usually double up one type during story mode. And in my competitive team, i currently have 2 dragons (Dragonite and Hydreigon)
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#9The Hero Of TimePosted 1/24/2013 6:31:29 AM
In most of my in-game teams since D/P I've had two Steels on my team, namely Lucario and Magnezone (B/W being an exception). I don't use them for their Steel type, but hey, having that many added resistances and Poison immunity is always nice. In my new playthrough of Soul Silver, I have three Steels, as I chose Skarmory to be my flier.

On the note of Skarmory, I end up with two Flying-types if one of them is Dragonite, as I usually use Dragonite as a fighter with the other one being the flier.
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#10OHJOY90Posted 1/24/2013 8:33:44 AM
I haven't done it since Platinum, won't do it again either.
---
The board where the sun never sets - Kalamity Kove
http://s6.zetaboards.com/Kalamity_Kove/