This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you double up types on your team?

#21Daemonscharm(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:04:17 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
DaemonscharmII posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I double up whenever I feel like; most particularly when I do mono-type runs

What happens when you get to a gym of that types weakness?

The trick in being a mono-type trainer is to learn on how to make up for the severe weakness that you have.

Which is why certain trainers such as Lance has moves to counter their weakness(a Dragonite with Thunderbolt and Flamethrower, for example) and why I consider Flint's original D/P team far superior compared to his Plat team.

One of Drayano's BlazeBlack hacks, I used a mono-Poison type. Guess who was the hardest Gym Leader I had to face? Some of my counters were a Gengar with Levitate(though it didnt help much due to lolKrokodile) and Crobat(lolRockSlide)

So if I wanted an all fighting/dark team and needed to cover my weakness against flying I'd have a thunderpunch or blizzard handy? Can't think of any other weakness outside of fighting I'd need to cover
---
Mavs Fan: Official GBASB Vice President/Romancer
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo273/Photo_Phreak/alkalinesig2.png
#22Chaos_MissilePosted 1/24/2013 6:26:17 PM
DaemonscharmII posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
DaemonscharmII posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
I double up whenever I feel like; most particularly when I do mono-type runs

What happens when you get to a gym of that types weakness?

The trick in being a mono-type trainer is to learn on how to make up for the severe weakness that you have.

Which is why certain trainers such as Lance has moves to counter their weakness(a Dragonite with Thunderbolt and Flamethrower, for example) and why I consider Flint's original D/P team far superior compared to his Plat team.

One of Drayano's BlazeBlack hacks, I used a mono-Poison type. Guess who was the hardest Gym Leader I had to face? Some of my counters were a Gengar with Levitate(though it didnt help much due to lolKrokodile) and Crobat(lolRockSlide)

So if I wanted an all fighting/dark team and needed to cover my weakness against flying I'd have a thunderpunch or blizzard handy? Can't think of any other weakness outside of fighting I'd need to cover

Pretty much. Look at the trainers for Fire-types. Blaine has a Magmortar and Flint has an Infernape. Both come pack with ThunderPunch to counter Water-types. Most of the Fire-type trainers also have a Pokemon that knows Solarbeam. Aside from working well with Sunny Day, it also serves as a counter against Rock, Ground and Water types.

Fighting, Psychic, Flying. Bug are Fighting and Dark weaknesses. A Fighting/Dark gets its weakness countered. So, Bug does neutral damage against Dark and Psychic does neutral against Fighting

Only Scraggy is Fighting/Dark, so you need a counter against Fighting and Flying for it.....like Rock Slide and Psychic, for example. Then you can have one STAB move and a support move.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008