This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever caught a shiny?

#11WindGodXPosted 1/23/2013 11:36:14 PM
Shiny Buneary in Diamond, and shiny Purrloin in White. Both pretty early in the game. Had never run into one (legitimately *cough*Gameshark*cough* <_<) before that. And I've played Red*, Yellow*, Silver, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, and SoulSilver 100%. Still working on White1 / Black2.

*Didn't find shinies in these two for obvious reasons.
---
Paper Bowser can breath fire. While underwater.
PSN: Fatal_Gear
#12HemerukioPosted 1/23/2013 11:36:51 PM
Haven't seen a single one yet.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#13squdgyPosted 1/23/2013 11:39:51 PM
I feel you TC, I've never even seen one either (aside from Red Gyarados, of course).
---
Sexuality, like time, is a circle, and if you go too far straight, you find yourself right back at gay again.- Robert Brockway
#14Anticitizen97(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 11:41:01 PM
squdgy posted...
I feel you TC, I've never even seen one either (aside from Red Gyarados, of course).

Forgot about him haha.
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 5
#15darkdragongirlPosted 1/23/2013 11:42:40 PM
Sunkern
Lugia
Magnemite
Magmar
Rhyhorn
Gastrodon
Ralts male ---> Gallade
Gligar----> Gliscor
Swinub ----> Mamoswine
Eevee (hatched)
Eevee (hatched)---> Glaceon
Absol
Rayquaza 1st try so I thought Rayquaza was naturally black
Golett
Sandile
Teddiursa (hatched)
Trapinch----> Flygon
Eevee (hatched) ----> Umbreon

Bunch of traded shinies.

I have pretty good luck. Unfortunately due to my Diamond being wiped all I have of my shinies now is my Umbreon I put for my SS team.
---
Chespin 2013
Chespin me right round like a record
#16jeffdogworthyPosted 1/23/2013 11:47:57 PM(edited)
The second Pokemon I ever caught was a shiny and it took me forever to realize it.

A shiny rattata in Silver version, my first game.

not including red gyarados, i get boring shinies

rattata in silver,
zubat in sapphire

however, in leafgreen, on my way to mewtwo i found a shiny blue ditto. used my masterball on it. lol.

He USED to be the coolest thing ever because when he'd transform into a pokemon, he'd transform into their shiny form. id use it to see what everything looked like. was a ton of fun.

However, they switched that in gen...either 4 or 5, i dont remember which one, and now he only transforms into their regular form. which is super boring.

sadface. his name was bloop but now hes useless.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my Black Haxorus from the Nature Preserve and Shiny Dratini from Alder's cousin/son/whatever his name was
#17SpeedDaemonPosted 1/23/2013 11:47:50 PM
Saw a pink Wooper in Silver version way back when it first came out but didn't have any pokeballs so I had to beat it, then I didn't see another shiny for 10 years. Finally saw a shiny Onix in Union Cave in HeartGold like 2 years ago and master ball'd it. It's now a Steelix named Rocksteady and is chilling in Unova in my Black 2 file, my only shiny.
---
Terry McAuliffe for Governor '14
#18AquaVPosted 1/23/2013 11:50:16 PM
I caught a shiny gloom in Diamond just randomly going through the grass in an area, which I was able to catch.

I also saw a shiny Pidgey when replaying Leafgreen, although that was at the very start of the game and I didn't have any pokeballs yet, so I couldn't capture it. FML right?
#19jimmyzeke13Posted 1/24/2013 12:13:46 AM
Also, my friend saw a shiny Growlithe without realizing it and ran away.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbYYJF0c4VA
Official Eevee #1 of the Eevee corps and Official Golem of the Pokemon X board
#20UmuruPosted 1/24/2013 12:16:21 AM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Swablu and Ditto.

Swablu, Tentacool (like 3 of them in different versions and I believe generations...), Sandshrew, (some more that I can't remember because they weren't that memorable for whatever reason) a Magikarp in Pearl and an Audino and a Boldore most recently.