This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever caught a shiny?

#51The Hero Of TimePosted 1/24/2013 6:33:54 AM
Not counting Red Gyarados and a Shiny Piplup I got through GTS that was clearly hacked in, I got a Shiny Woobat in White 2. I might've actually used it in my party if it didn't get Klutz as its ability...
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#52jwolfe340Posted 1/24/2013 6:37:51 AM
I've seen 6 or 7. Can't quite remember. Caught all of them. However, one sticks out in my mind as the most ironic. Let me set the scene. I was beginning to get bored with the series, as was my friend. We had an action replay, and decided to do a challenge run of Heartgold and Soulsilver. We would each replace our starters with one nonevolved Pokemon and race through it, never evolving. I was going to use a Numel, and as such, I was going to choose Totodile as my starter to give myself a slight advantage over my rival. Imagine my surprise when I went to get my starter and the Chikorita in the machine was shiny. Suffice to say, I chose that and didn't replace it. However, I may have deleted the file recently. Quite the shame...
#53RobotPirteGhostPosted 1/24/2013 6:44:31 AM
I've encountered 4. Sableye (which I didn't catch, Emerald), Tetacool (also Emerald), and Graveler (Pearl IIRC). Also ran into an Onix in my nehews FireRed while helping him through Victory Road (Caught, traded to my Emerald, and cloned so we both got one)

I have more that I chained or got off the GTS.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#54ElemayowePosted 1/24/2013 6:47:14 AM
Caught a geodude and saw a drapion in platinum, safari zone is the worst place to come across a shiny!
#55AlastreonPosted 1/24/2013 6:51:39 AM
Two
Shiny electrike in ruby(which evolved into an awesome black manetric)
And a shiny weedle <..<,i traded that for a 31 iv everything ditto for team building purposes.
---
LoL IGN Alastronar
3DS FC 1762-2827-4556
#56MidniteZoruaPosted 1/24/2013 6:54:26 AM
I've found quite a lot of shinies throughout the years.
---
Member of Kid Icarus: Uprising clan Angel Strikers.
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.
#57KogaSteelfangPosted 1/24/2013 6:56:44 AM
Heliotrope posted...
I've caught many, MANY shinies. Far too many to name (190 to be precise). I started hunting them back in 2007.

My first shiny was a Clefairy in the Leaf Green game corner on the 14th March 2007, and my latest shiny was a shiny Tympole in Black 2, on the 15th January, that took about 58 eggs (but I did get the shiny charm in B2, so the odds of finding a shiny in that game went up).

My latest shiny with the normal 1/8192 odds was a shiny Pawniard in White 2 on the 8th January, who took 11,740 encounters to appear.

I currently have four main shiny targets that I'm hunting: a badge quest shiny in White 2 (a badge quest is where you have to capture a shiny before defeating each gym leader) currently at 8737 encounters; a shiny Thundurus in White, currently at 3600 soft resets; a shiny Solosis in Black 2, currently at 320 eggs hatched; and a badge quest shiny in Heart Gold... currently at 29,200 encounters - it's my longest ever hunt >_> (where I've bothered keeping count).

Heliotrope, how've you been?
I remember lots of people called you "queen of shinies" back in the D/P chaining threads.
I see you're still as determined as ever to keep that title.

I've encountered 9 random shinies, but 2 got away(Safari zone).
Also, a bunch of pokeradar shinies(around 400 I think).
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#58OHJOY90Posted 1/24/2013 7:14:54 AM
A Geodude in SIlver and a Tentacool in Ruby.
---
The board where the sun never sets - Kalamity Kove
http://s6.zetaboards.com/Kalamity_Kove/
#59NejiHyuga900Posted 1/24/2013 7:31:30 AM
Yes.

Red Gyarados in Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Crystal Version.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#60zane0144Posted 1/24/2013 7:33:23 AM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Swablu.

Aw yeah. I got that and a seedot
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ