This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kabutops is genesect

#11SirPiercePosted 1/24/2013 7:24:45 AM
euklb posted...
SirPierce posted...
I just thought of this...

What if Genesect is a modified version of a Kabutops Evolution.

Maybe Kabutops will eventually get an Evo that has a cannon. It's stats would be near Pseudo, making it a prime candidate for Plasma's modifications.

Just a thought.

the cannon was added by team plasma

White
This ancient bug Pokémon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back.
---
NNID - Aerontar.
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#12Nidhogg151Posted 1/24/2013 7:50:19 AM
SirPierce posted...
euklb posted...
SirPierce posted...

Maybe Kabutops will eventually get an Evo that has a cannon. It's stats would be near Pseudo, making it a prime candidate for Plasma's modifications.

Just a thought.

White
This ancient bug Pokémon was altered by Team Plasma. They upgraded the cannon on its back.

Maybe it was Kabutops that evolved because of the cannon? Like a lot of other item + trade evolutions.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#13ssbmrocksPosted 1/24/2013 7:55:29 AM
SirPierce posted...
euklb posted...
SirPierce posted...

Just a thought.

White

From this entry, it sounds like all Plasma did was enable the use of drives to change the elemental typing of the cannon (Techno Blast), and that the cannon was already there.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#14faruwayPosted 1/24/2013 7:57:29 AM
If this theory makes so much sense, why is Genesect a legendary pokemon if it is "originally" a Kabutops?

Also, Genesect is a Bug, not a biped shell fish...
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#15PolimarioPosted 1/24/2013 7:57:50 AM
SirPierce posted...
euklb posted...
SirPierce posted...

Just a thought.

White

Black 2/White 2:
This Pokémon existed 300 million years ago. Team Plasma altered it and attached a cannon to its back.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#16VoidBeyondPosted 1/24/2013 7:59:46 AM
faruway posted...
If this theory makes so much sense, why is Genesect a legendary pokemon if it is "originally" a Kabutops?

It can be pretty easily assumed that, before becoming fossilized, that Kabutops was a bug water.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#17DarkBlueAntPosted 1/24/2013 8:00:42 AM
faruway posted...

Kabutops is more Bug than it is fish. It's based on sea scorpions.

But yeah, I don't know or care either way. I'm going to guess that it's not based on Kabutops though. Most of the time interesting fan theories are rejected by Game Freak.
#18VoidBeyondPosted 1/24/2013 8:03:07 AM
They have similar heights, Genesect being taller by a little, Genesect weighs almost exactly 100 pounds more. They've similar stances, body shapes, and head shapes. Kabutops has a better defense, slightly, but throw a rock at a rock and then a rock at a car.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#19faruwayPosted 1/24/2013 8:12:18 AM
Maybe there's another Kabutops like Pokemon but different species with different appearance?
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#20Brandon00151Posted 1/24/2013 8:24:15 AM
A ROCK/WATER pokemon does not suddenly become a BUG/STEEL if anything it would be Rock or Water/Steel