This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

one possible flaw with making ev's visible.

#1paiprPosted 1/24/2013 10:38:43 AM
Now don't get me wrong part of me likes making all these hidden numbers visible somehow. But to add it to the Pokemon info screen seems like it could add frustration at least in game.

imagine if you will; your playing the game and you have your Pokemon of choice with you. Perhaps you know what its stats should be built towards, or perhaps you know what natures mean, maybe you don't. But what you can see in the info screen is this little counter going up and it keeps telling you you choice Pokemon that perhaps has such pitifully low sp.attack its not even worth trying to increase it, is gaining nothing but ev's in said special attack stat.

while not huge I can see in game it being maddening. All the more if you could see iv's.

if there where to be a change to the ev/iv system perhaps due to "bonds" or something else I think it should be one where you yourself get to choose where to put the points.

opinions?
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#2FuneralCakePosted 1/24/2013 10:41:12 AM
That's why they have berries (and other services, if something like the Join Avenue is included) that can remove EVs. This should all be explained in-game, since it would confuse people otherwise.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
shut up before i make you shut up
#3Zarren364Posted 1/24/2013 10:42:46 AM
Are Ev's/Iv's even official names? I'm just curious.
---
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBW2C-Wargle I R - Zarren
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
#4InhaledCornPosted 1/24/2013 10:43:46 AM
I think what would make the whole EV grinding system easier if beating up certain Pokemon didn't put the bonuses in specific stats. I think it would be better if you have the bonus points build up during leveling, then, after its done, apply the extra amount of stat points in whatever stats you want. It would make grinding less tedious and would also be easy for the more casual/younger players to understand.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
Currently hooked on Ragnarok Odyssey.
#5nro87Posted 1/24/2013 10:44:50 AM
Zarren364 posted...

Yes. They stand for effort values and individual values.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
#6javel34Posted 1/24/2013 10:46:26 AM
Zarren364 posted...

Well when you call Bianca sprouts ask her to look at effort.

I don't think IVs have ever been officially named.
---
Black2 FC: 0519 5089 8733
#7VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/24/2013 10:47:33 AM
InhaledCorn posted...
I think what would make the whole EV grinding system easier if beating up certain Pokemon didn't put the bonuses in specific stats. I think it would be better if you have the bonus points build up during leveling, then, after its done, apply the extra amount of stat points in whatever stats you want. It would make grinding less tedious and would also be easy for the more casual/younger players to understand.

Kind of like some other RPGs, where you get points or items that you can stockpile, then distribute at will? For instance, AP, Strength, Magic, or Defense Boost items in Kingdom Hearts, or the stat capsules in some of the DBZ GBA RPG games?

I could get behind that. But I'm sure some people will dislike it...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160
#8Wynters387Posted 1/24/2013 10:54:19 AM
I wouldn't mind a point system. Give like 4-6 points per level. Gives you an incentive to reach lvl 100
---
Remember Senor, crafter of love.
President of the NDF Official Archeops of the Pokemon X Board
#9VampLordAdamaruPosted 1/24/2013 11:01:47 AM
Wynters387 posted...
I wouldn't mind a point system. Give like 4-6 points per level. Gives you an incentive to reach lvl 100

It would definitely make the player feel more like a real Trainer, since one could imagine they were having a Pokemon train on a punching bag and weights for strength/Attack, or leg weights for speed. It would give players more control, which would be very useful.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160
#10torNATEoPosted 1/24/2013 11:45:30 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Wynters387 posted...

It would definitely make the player feel more like a real Trainer, since one could imagine they were having a Pokemon train on a punching bag and weights for strength/Attack, or leg weights for speed. It would give players more control, which would be very useful.

That's starting to sound more like a Monster Rancher game than Pokemon...
Which I love. ^_^ Why won't they make a new MR any time soon?!
---
I don't care if you hate every Pokemon Gen but the first one. Just don't get all up in my face about it and let me love all five.