This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just thought of something.

#17656198Posted 1/24/2013 4:21:13 PM
While I was in another topic I thought of something I think Pokemon really needs to do

Update the Pokedex, mainly just the national one.

Put evolutionary lines together....Can't tell you how annoying this is for me

Make Nidoran male/female one entry
---
Currently playing: DmC, Pokemon White 2, Mass Effect 2, 3rd Birthday, and Dragon's Dogma
#2Gamer0fD00MPosted 1/24/2013 4:23:47 PM
nidoran had a gender before genders were a thing
#37656198(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 4:24:49 PM
Still doesn't mean they just can't put them as one entry....Ever since they added genders this has bugged me.
---
Currently playing: DmC, Pokemon White 2, Mass Effect 2, 3rd Birthday, and Dragon's Dogma
#4Brandon00151Posted 1/24/2013 4:27:15 PM
Nidoran Male and Nidoran Female both have different stats
#5scrappybristolPosted 1/24/2013 4:28:29 PM
Brandon00151 posted...
Nidoran Male and Nidoran Female both have different stats

---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#67656198(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 4:30:16 PM
They can still ahve different stats...Don't see have making them have the same Dex number would affect this.....
---
#7FuneralCakePosted 1/24/2013 4:32:37 PM
Wormadam has different stats for each form, but it's the same Pokemon. Different stats don't mean anything.

Still, I don't think the Nidorans necessarily need to be made into one species. Pokemon families with pre-evolutions should be re-arranged, though.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
shut up before i make you shut up
#8jayman7Posted 1/24/2013 4:41:27 PM(edited)
I do my generational "reordered Pokedex" every time (which puts not only evolutionary families together, but also related concepts, and it, like most regional Pokedexes, puts starters first and legendaries last, while largely ignoring which Pokemon came from which generation), and if GameFreak doesn't do that themselves for the sixth gen then I'll probably do it again.

But I don't see them making the Nidorans into a single entry.

Plus, I think they should have two National Pokedexes - the original order for purists and the reorder. (Which is essentially what the second gen did before it was retconned into the Johto Pokedex.)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#97656198(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 4:35:07 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Wormadam has different stats for each form, but it's the same Pokemon. Different stats don't mean anything.

Still, I don't think the Nidorans necessarily need to be made into one species. Pokemon families with pre-evolutions should be re-arranged, though.

At least that I can live with the Nidoran thing, not a big deal. It's mostly the rearranging of the evolutionary entries. escpecially those with lines all over the place like Eevee and Porygon. Doubt it will change though
---