This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't get the outfits...

#1BlazzingStarPosted 1/24/2013 9:40:03 PM
I mean in the games and sometimes the anime....are they trying to get people attracted to what are supposed to be little girls?
I wouldn't have worn most of this stuff when I was ten...
I don't know, I don't mind it if it is age appropriate (modern times seems to be 15+) but the short skirts and everything seems too old for the age pokemon characters are supposed to be.
#2Robot_SoopaPosted 1/24/2013 9:41:38 PM
They say 10 but it's Japanese 10 which can be either a Western 18 or a Western 5.
#3BlazzingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:42:17 PM
Works for me. Thanks!
#4LightningAce11Posted 1/24/2013 9:42:17 PM
It's anime dude.

They ware different clothes than you do.
---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#5KeeperOfShadowsPosted 1/24/2013 9:45:01 PM
I think its closer to them knowing full well they are designing fictional characters, and realizing that the viewers perception of the design is supposed to be based in fantasy.
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#6BlazzingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:53:36 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
I think its closer to them knowing full well they are designing fictional characters, and realizing that the viewers perception of the design is supposed to be based in fantasy.

They still advertise them as young and put them in that clothing. The reality of the situation doesn't make the thought less weird. IF you think about 10 year old girls running around in short skirts and tight shirts, and nobody sees that as weird, I don't know if that is normal...
#7GTRagnarokPosted 1/24/2013 9:55:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Robot_SoopaPosted 1/24/2013 9:56:41 PM
BlazzingStar posted...
They still advertise them as young and put them in that clothing. The reality of the situation doesn't make the thought less weird. IF you think about 10 year old girls running around in short skirts and tight shirts, and nobody sees that as weird, I don't know if that is normal...

You have to dissociate whatever age they SAY the characters from your thought process. We know 10 year olds don't look like this no matter what they say. It's like people feeling gay because they find Poison from Final Fight attractive because Capcom says she has a penis. The character is drawn to be sexually stimulating. I could draw a picture of Megan Fox and say there's a penis there but if you can't see it, it isn't there. Likewise, there's nothing wrong with thinking the Pokemon characters are a little too attractive for 10 year olds because they're not drawn as 10 year olds. They're drawn as teens.
#9BlazzingStar(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 10:05:09 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
BlazzingStar posted...

You have to dissociate whatever age they SAY the characters from your thought process. We know 10 year olds don't look like this no matter what they say. It's like people feeling gay because they find Poison from Final Fight attractive because Capcom says she has a penis. The character is drawn to be sexually stimulating. I could draw a picture of Megan Fox and say there's a penis there but if you can't see it, it isn't there. Likewise, there's nothing wrong with thinking the Pokemon characters are a little too attractive for 10 year olds because they're not drawn as 10 year olds. They're drawn as teens.

Yeah I guess. Anime just makes me uncomfortable I guess, sorry.

What about final flight? They can put trans. people in games?
#10KeeperOfShadowsPosted 1/24/2013 10:05:43 PM
BlazzingStar posted...
KeeperOfShadows posted...

Of course, but fantasizing over a fictional character is far different than an actual 10 yr old irl.

Ex. I've ALWAYS found Misty attractive, but if I came across a 10 yr old who looked exactly like her, do you seriously think I'd feel the same way? Couple that with the fact that humans don't look like cartoon characters, and it should be obvious. Yes, there are sickos out there who can't separate fiction and reality, but I'd like to give most people the benefit of a doubt, and believe that they can.
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!