This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nuzlocke Challenge! -- Platinum Edition! -- To be animated!

#1GeorgeyPeorgeyPosted 1/25/2013 5:34:19 AM
This is my first Nuzlocke Challenge, my second time playing Platinum (haven't played it in a few years, or any main game, and I can't recall if I even beat it), and the first time I've ever attempted anything really challenging in a pokemon game before (haven't tried competitive battling before either).

I'll be, for the first time, setting the battle style to "Set" instead of shift.

I am starting out with Piplup.

I won't catch duplicate pokemon.

I'm thinking that if a shiny pokemon appears, I must catch it, even if it's a duplicate, but it has to replace one of my existing pokemon.

I must use the same number of pokemon for Gym Battles/Elite Four/Rival.

Black/White out = Game Over

I will allow for the capturing of HM slaves if I can't progress in the game otherwise.

I'm still not sure about healing, if I should limit pokemon center/item use.
---I'd like some suggestions on this. This is already far more difficult than anything I've done in pokemon before, but I don't mind failing and then starting over.

If anyone has suggestions for other rules I might want to use, PLEASE suggest them!

I'll be starting by the end of today and I'll update as I go.

I WILL BE CREATING A DERP-TASTIC COMIC! So along the way I will take note of significant events and visualize them into comic form. I shall post them here, and you can feel free to make fun of how little ability I have in drawing and artistry and narration!

THANKS FOR READING
#2Marcx629Posted 1/25/2013 5:46:36 AM
I haven't done a Nuzlocke bit here are a few rules I've seen from different places:
-If a Pokemon faints, you release/perma box it
-The first Pokemon you see in an area is the one you catch. With an exception for HM slaves since you plan on using them.
-Limit heal items per battle to that of a Gym Leader/E4. So 2-3 per battle.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#3Marcx629Posted 1/25/2013 5:50:26 AM
Oh, and you have to name all your Pokemon. Didn't know if that was relevant or not since some people (like me) always name their Pokemon.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#4GeorgeyPeorgey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:52:15 AM(edited)
Marcx629 posted...
I haven't done a Nuzlocke bit here are a few rules I've seen from different places:
-If a Pokemon faints, you release/perma box it
-The first Pokemon you see in an area is the one you catch. With an exception for HM slaves since you plan on using them.
-Limit heal items per battle to that of a Gym Leader/E4. So 2-3 per battle.

Yeah, the first two are the default ones. Although I was reading some variations don't let you catch HM slaves, and if you lose all pokemon capable of learning them, Game Over. >_> Not doing that.

Limiting healing items to Gym Leader/E4 battles seems nice. Idk about healing items outside of battle though.

I don't really have a good idea on how many healing items I'd be likely able to buy, since I rarely needed them in other playthroughs.

EDIT:

Marcx629 posted...
Oh, and you have to name all your Pokemon. Didn't know if that was relevant or not since some people (like me) always name their Pokemon.

Yeah, definitely doing that.
#5Brandon042487Posted 1/25/2013 6:27:52 AM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

I'd like to try a Wedlocke Challenge
---
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS HYPNOTOAD!
#6sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/25/2013 7:23:12 AM
Shouldn't this be on the Platinum board?
#7GeorgeyPeorgey(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 8:53:28 AM
Alright, making a topic on the emerald social board.

For anyone who was interested.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/65277444