This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Eevee, thinking about it, would have been a great mascot for Pokemon.

#1GastroidPosted 1/25/2013 11:56:34 AM
Eevee fulfills the cute and cuddly requirement, it represents Pokemon evolution and elemental types well with its diverse evolutions and isn't landlocked in the middle of an evolutionary family like Pikachu, and so has lots of growing room (whereas Raichu got screwed).

Just some musings is all.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#2sonicqaz2Posted 1/25/2013 11:57:55 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if, over time, Eevee becomes more and more popular and Pikachu less.

The ball is out of the bag though, Pikachu is too main stream to ever change it now.
---
XBOX GT: Lucky Duck 55
#3HemerukioPosted 1/25/2013 11:59:22 AM
It would have been, but it's too late now. Eevee will always be in Pikachu's shadow. Although it's a pretty iconic and well known Pokemon in its own right.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#4The Hero Of TimePosted 1/25/2013 12:04:16 PM
Yeah, I agree. I always did think Eevee would be more suitable as a mascot than Pikachu. Pika's not really remarkable in any way; sure, there's a special held item and a move unique to the line, but they are hardly unique traits overall, and the only reason those exist is because it's the mascot. Eevee was special right from the start; it stands out more, then and now.

Sadly, the chance to make Eevee the mascot is gone; they aren't going to change it now.
---
When Snake sees a "!" over someone's head, he runs and hides.
When the Pokemon Trainer sees a "!", he beats them up and takes their money.
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 1/25/2013 12:05:35 PM
The Hero Of Time posted...
Yeah, I agree. I always did think Eevee would be more suitable as a mascot than Pikachu. Pika's not really remarkable in any way; sure, there's a special held item and a move unique to the line, but they are hardly unique traits overall, and the only reason those exist is because it's the mascot. Eevee was special right from the start; it stands out more, then and now.

Sadly, the chance to make Eevee the mascot is gone; they aren't going to change it now.

Agree with everything.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. WALUIGI IS NUMBER ONE!
Kraid: (steps on you)
#6ChackNorris7Posted 1/25/2013 12:06:35 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
The Hero Of Time posted...

Agree with everything.

Me too.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ball pit*
Official Keldeo of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#7javel34Posted 1/25/2013 12:12:27 PM
Gastroid posted...
Eevee fulfills the cute and cuddly requirement, it represents Pokemon evolution and elemental types well with its diverse evolutions and isn't landlocked in the middle of an evolutionary family like Pikachu, and so has lots of growing room (whereas Raichu got screwed).

IIRC Pikachu was "voted" mascot or something by Japanese players and Jigglypuff came in second, curious to see how Eevee faired
---
Black2 FC: 0519 5089 8733
#8XxMahnaMahnaxXPosted 1/25/2013 12:25:01 PM
If Eevee had been the mascot they could have corrected the issue with the anime that makes it so Ash has to stick around because he's Pikachu's trainer and pikachu is the mascot.

Anybody can get an eevee! So they could replace the main character and just have each of them end up with a different eevelution on their team

It would have been perfect
---
Why don't we show them the entire process including our breakdown.
http://i.imgur.com/Q0xhR.png?2?6330
#9DemonSlayer92Posted 1/25/2013 12:26:16 PM
Gastroid posted...

Truer words were never spoken.
---
I am the Official STEELIX of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
and Married to Delia Ketchum
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 1/25/2013 12:27:11 PM
Eevee is better than Pikachu too.
---
"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn