This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wasn't there a 3D pokemon adventure for the GC?

#1SAMCROftwPosted 1/25/2013 1:53:48 PM
Similar to these? One where you wander from place to place, encounter pokemon, catch them and stuff.
#2Serebii from SPPPosted 1/25/2013 1:56:07 PM
Colosseum & XD were spin-off games, some class them as side games, by another developer. While they did contain the mechanics of the main series, they were quite far removed
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#3DojoOfDirtPosted 1/25/2013 2:00:36 PM
There were two, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (wow, what a stupid name), but they weren't that great. Sure, I liked them, and XD was the better one, but they weren't as good as the handheld games. And you don't encounter Pokemon in those. You snag them from the trainers. Oh, and you can only snag the Shadow Pokemon and there's only 50 of them or something like that.

For more details use Google or Youtube.
---
I'm hungry.
#4SAMCROftw(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 2:03:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5jayman7Posted 1/25/2013 2:17:45 PM
And that's moddable.

There were wild Pokemon in XD, but they were hardly random. Also, XD had far more Shadow Pokemon than Colosseum did.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#6xPhoenixWrightxPosted 1/25/2013 2:23:14 PM
I thought they were both really fun games. They were unique unlike every game being the same in the main series. Don't get me wrong the main series is great, but Colosseum and XD were unique and fun.
---
Objection!
http://tinyurl.com/c7eeoug
#7RoobitysuPosted 1/25/2013 2:30:57 PM
There were two, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (wow, what a stupid name), but they weren't that great.

Disregard the bold text. Colosseum and XD are objectively the best spin-off games of the franchise.
---
I draw nekkid chicks! O:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/82442627/Homika/a50b452ae8ffc95f11f167f165f02804.png Roxie <3
#8360pagesPosted 1/25/2013 2:33:55 PM
Roobitysu posted...
There were two, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (wow, what a stupid name), but they weren't that great.

Disregard the bold text. Colosseum and XD are objectively the best spin-off games of the franchise.

Nope, the stadium games were better. Colosseum was actually pretty bad in terms of pacing and what pokemon you could catch.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#9DojoOfDirtPosted 1/25/2013 2:34:00 PM
Roobitysu posted...

Never said they weren't. I liked them, like I said. They just weren't as good as the handheld games, so, not that great. Good, sure, but not that great.

And, of course, that's just what I think. If you think they're great, fine.
---
I'm hungry.
#10AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/25/2013 2:34:55 PM
DojoOfDirt posted...
There were two, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (wow, what a stupid name), but they weren't that great. Sure, I liked them, and XD was the better one, but they weren't as good as the handheld games. And you don't encounter Pokemon in those. You snag them from the trainers. Oh, and you can only snag the Shadow Pokemon and there's only 50 of them or something like that.

For more details use Google or Youtube.

What are you talking about?
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181