This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wasn't there a 3D pokemon adventure for the GC?

#11DojoOfDirtPosted 1/25/2013 3:37:46 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
DojoOfDirt posted...
There were two, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (wow, what a stupid name), but they weren't that great. Sure, I liked them, and XD was the better one, but they weren't as good as the handheld games. And you don't encounter Pokemon in those. You snag them from the trainers. Oh, and you can only snag the Shadow Pokemon and there's only 50 of them or something like that.

For more details use Google or Youtube.

What are you talking about?

The Pokemon games for the GameCube? Like the title of this topic said? Yeah, I forgot there were wild pokemon in XD. So what?
---
I'm hungry.
#12EnferolunosPosted 1/25/2013 3:45:33 PM
Roobitysu posted...
There were two, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (wow, what a stupid name), but they weren't that great.

Disregard the bold text. Colosseum and XD are objectively the best spin-off games of the franchise.

Not the highest praise
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#13jayman7Posted 1/25/2013 4:28:48 PM(edited)
360pages posted...
Roobitysu posted...
There were two, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness (wow, what a stupid name), but they weren't that great.

Disregard the bold text. Colosseum and XD are objectively the best spin-off games of the franchise.

Nope, the stadium games were better. Colosseum was actually pretty bad in terms of pacing and what pokemon you could catch.

I admit I never played the Stadium games, but I have trouble seeing how they could have been better than Colosseum and XD. Were they anything more than battle sims (which Colosseum and XD had) and minigames? Those must have been some freaking awesome minigames if you make that claim. >_>
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#14LexifoxPosted 1/25/2013 4:30:31 PM
PokeSta let you upload your team for battles or to rent Pokemon, as well as allowing you to store items and Pokemon. This system also allowed for mass transfer of them. You could also play your game on it with double/triple normal speed.

The minigames were fairly good, though, and the multiplayer made for good fun.

Bring back Sushi-Go-Round, Game Freak.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#15jayman7Posted 1/25/2013 4:34:29 PM
Rental Pokemon fill me with "meh", though storage sounds useful. I actually had no idea the Stadium games could be used like Pokemon Box. (We need a 3DSWare app for that... and it could double as a transfer tool... that'd work well!)

Still, the Gamecube games were standalone; you could train Pokemon instead of relying on rentals (which admittedly did not exist) or another game. Even with storage, useful as it sounds, I'm still not entirely sold.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#16360pagesPosted 1/25/2013 4:35:35 PM
jayman7 posted...
360pages posted...
Roobitysu posted...

Nope, the stadium games were better. Colosseum was actually pretty bad in terms of pacing and what pokemon you could catch.

I admit I never played the Stadium games, but I have trouble seeing how they could have been better than Colosseum and XD. Were they anything more than battle sims (which Colosseum and XD had) and minigames? Those must have been some freaking awesome minigames if you make that claim. >_>

The majority of XD and Colosseum was battles, it's just that you leveld up. Colosseum mode was awful in Colosseum, and there wasn't one in XD other than the orre colosseum. This made transferring pokemon from you GBA pointless. Stadium had Gym leader tower and Stadiums, plus rental pokemon that allowed you use almost every pokemon in those genrations other than Lugia/Ho-oh Celibi mew and mewtwo.

There wasn't any exploring in the gamecube games either, you just went on a route fought trainers and get shadow pokemon. There were only 11 catchable wild pokemon in XD, that being said XD was a better main game. But once again it was worthless for transferring over pokemon.

Stadium was also a lot harder, even if you used your own pokemon.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#17MercuryEnigmaPosted 1/25/2013 4:42:22 PM
When Colosseum came out, that was the only way to get a majority of the Johto pokemon. So there was definitely reason to transfer pokemon. I personally loved Colosseum and XD. I really want them to revisit Orre was was very upset to see nothing on the Wii (and Pokemon Battle Revolution was ungodly awful). The story for both game were also entirely different which was a nice change of pace. Orre FTW!
---
Live. Love. Be. Believe.
Not changing my sig until LostWinds gets a third installment.
#18KeeperofthedarkPosted 1/25/2013 4:59:28 PM
I actually really liked XD and Coliseum. Sure, not being able to catch every pokemon might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I actually liked it since it made me use pokemon I normally wouldn't.
#19VoidBeyondPosted 1/25/2013 5:02:03 PM
Roobitysu posted...

Mystery Dungeon begs to differ
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#20360pagesPosted 1/26/2013 9:42:02 AM
I hope we get a new 3d game this gen though.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)