This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wouldn't it be funny if Moody wasn't banned

#21sonicfanaticjtbPosted 1/26/2013 2:49:14 PM
thealmightydib posted...

You're assuming smogon makes up the entire competitive community

I did?

... Huh... I'm pretty sure all I said was that i was rather sure even non-competitive players dun like Moody.

That being said, outside of probably VGC, what other competitive community allows Moody? 'Cause I'd really like to know how being able to consistently stall for over 80 turns with just a single 'mon bouncing between protect and substitute 'till nearly all their stats are at a +6 and then sweepin' is healthy for any kind of competitive environment.

Smogon is re-testing Moody in a few weeks, so it might get moved to Ubers.

Really? Dang... It's probably 'cause Ubers is just a banlist, but... Not even ubers should have to go through that again :(
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#22KeeperOfShadowsPosted 1/26/2013 2:58:13 PM
Honestly, I think it'd be fun to go against. Test how quick I can take down the constantly growing power.
I'd be no more frustrated by Moody than Baton Pass teams.
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#23squdgyPosted 1/26/2013 3:03:16 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Missingno_Mastr posted...
Swiftblade09 posted...
Only banned on smogon

That's what I keep trying to tell everyone!

I personally am completely against the banning of Moody. It sends the message that luck-based strategies are evil and unfair. Which is not true.

You don't understand how annoying that is. Do you play on simulators? You don't know how terrible it'd be when every other battle is a luckfest stall with moody Bibarels. They've tested it back when Black and White was first released in Japan and found that it was completely unfair with absolutely no strategy. I think the people who cry over Smogon's bannings just don't even play competitively in the first place so a. they don't know how broken it is and b. have no reason to whine because they don't even play it.

Also sure you wanna face me with the cheap moody? Fine by me! Why don't I grab my wonder guard Spiritomb and no sleep clause Darkrai on you and see how you like it. Oh and Smogon does indeed accept luck-based strategies. Dunsparce/Jirachi/Shaymin-S para-flinch hax anyone? Didn't know about that? btw stuff like acupressure, confuse ray, and attract are all allowed too and those are all luck

Dumbest argument I've ever seen.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
#24sonicfanaticjtbPosted 1/26/2013 3:39:33 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
Honestly, I think it'd be fun to go against. Test how quick I can take down the constantly growing power.
I'd be no more frustrated by Moody than Baton Pass teams.

I've gone up against baton pass chains before... Lost to them two (this was last gen, mind you. I don't think I've really had to many problems with 'em this gen)

Moody is a whole different breed of stupidity. You literally do nothing but watch the opponent's stats randomly rise and fall hoping that the RNG gods take pitty on you for 80 turns or more (depends on how lucky you/your opponent is and how prepared you are ) By which point you either hope to have PP stalled him, or you're swept.

Certainly, moody is beatable... It's just not good for the game. If I recall, there were lots of arguments over the fact that moody was beatable and rather or not banning an ability would would create a slippery slope, if it should be put under evasion clause since the possible/eventual evasion boost was the main reason that most wanted it gone, blah, blah, blah... When it came time to vote, 90% (or was it more? ) went all, "**** this!" and slammed the ban hammer on it.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#25tsunamisurfer08Posted 1/26/2013 4:43:20 PM
It's fun watching people that try to stall with Moody. Just to get hit by a random Clear Smog off of my Gastrodon.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#26KyrieIrvingPosted 1/26/2013 4:49:36 PM
Moody can be extremely annoying when the opponents bring an entire team of Moody Pokemon and just sit there spamming Sub and Protect until they get the right boosts.
#27KeeperOfShadowsPosted 1/26/2013 6:32:19 PM
tsunamisurfer08 posted...
It's fun watching people that try to stall with Moody. Just to get hit by a random Clear Smog off of my Gastrodon.

This. I like Haze even better, especially on something with multiple +6 stats hiding behind a sub. Nothing feels better than a Baton Passer ragequitting without losing a single mon.
---
I am The Defender of Darkness. The Knight of Nothingness. The Master of Murkiness.
I am the Keeper of Shadows, AND I WILL RULE YOU!!
#28GATTJTPosted 1/26/2013 6:37:47 PM
Mad-Eye Moody would wreck s*** up, so it makes sense that he's banned.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#29RaistromPosted 1/26/2013 11:03:39 PM
Ya think moody would be banned if it just didn't affect evasion?

Usually if your evasion goes down you don't care, but if it goes up, the opponent is screwed.

It's kinda the opposite with accuracy. It goes up, you don't care; it goes down, it's annoying.
---
It can't be helped.
#30Shadow_StarWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:51:24 AM
The Typical Smogon user.

Not really, I doubt Smogon user argues like that. At least, a typical one and not those "I wanna be like those experts" people.

Mad-Eye Moody would wreck s*** up, so it makes sense that he's banned.

XD
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!