This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

They are cats!!

#421TIGERJACKS0N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:08:54 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
scrappybristol posted...
I honestly believe this topic wouldn't have broken 100 if sinfulGrimoire had just left it alone.

I honestly think that reaching 500 was the sole intention of the TC, hence the reason they refuse to budge on their opinion.

Why do you keep saying they? TC means Topic Creator, which is one person

Do I really need to teach you basic English?

Singular they is the use of they (or its inflected forms, such as them or their) to refer to an entity that is not plural, or not necessarily plural. Though singular they is widespread in everyday English and has a long history of usage, debate continues about its acceptability. It typically occurs in these situations:
Indeterminate gender when they refers to an individual person of unknown or unspecified sex, as in, for example, "One student failed their exam". This usage is known as epicene they.
Indeterminate number when they has no definite antecedent, or can be interpreted as referring to either a singular or plural entity. This usage is also known as generic they. For example, in "Anyone who thinks they have been affected should contact their doctor", they and their are within the scope of the universal, distributive quantifier anyone,[1] and can be interpreted as referring to an unspecified individual or to people in general (notwithstanding the fact that "anyone" is strictly grammatically singular).
In some cases, they is used even when both the number and gender of the subject are known, but the identity of the person is generic, e.g. "If some guy beat me up, I'd leave them."
Though semantically singular or ambiguous, singular they remains morphologically and syntactically plural (e.g. it still takes plural forms of verbs).

oh look at you running to merriam webster for backup against everything. Is that site your girlfriend? Well she has a nice name ;)
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#422TIGERJACKS0N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:09:44 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
They're not cats. They're not dogs. They're not gerbils.

They're Pokemon. They're the Legendary Beasts.

They are cats, definately not dogs, and only immature trolls were calling them gerbils, squids, beans and other crap.

Ys they are pokemon, and they are legenddary beasts. And what kind of pokemon and beasts? CATS, it's not that hard to understand. thread closed.

You can't close the thread unless someone doesn't post for 5 minutes.

then i suggest you ACCEPT the FACT they are cats and move on with your happy little life with merriam.
---
#423sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/27/2013 5:09:45 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
scrappybristol posted...
I honestly believe this topic wouldn't have broken 100 if sinfulGrimoire had just left it alone.

I honestly think that reaching 500 was the sole intention of the TC, hence the reason they refuse to budge on their opinion.

Do I really need to teach you basic English?

Singular they is the use of they (or its inflected forms, such as them or their) to refer to an entity that is not plural, or not necessarily plural. Though singular they is widespread in everyday English and has a long history of usage, debate continues about its acceptability. It typically occurs in these situations:
Indeterminate gender when they refers to an individual person of unknown or unspecified sex, as in, for example, "One student failed their exam". This usage is known as epicene they.
Indeterminate number when they has no definite antecedent, or can be interpreted as referring to either a singular or plural entity. This usage is also known as generic they. For example, in "Anyone who thinks they have been affected should contact their doctor", they and their are within the scope of the universal, distributive quantifier anyone,[1] and can be interpreted as referring to an unspecified individual or to people in general (notwithstanding the fact that "anyone" is strictly grammatically singular).
In some cases, they is used even when both the number and gender of the subject are known, but the identity of the person is generic, e.g. "If some guy beat me up, I'd leave them."
Though semantically singular or ambiguous, singular they remains morphologically and syntactically plural (e.g. it still takes plural forms of verbs).

oh look at you running to merriam webster for backup against everything. Is that site your girlfriend? Well she has a nice name ;)

Look at you still being wrong. It was from Wikipedia. You sure do like making assumptions, and stupid jokes.
#424sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/27/2013 5:11:05 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...

They are cats, definately not dogs, and only immature trolls were calling them gerbils, squids, beans and other crap.

Ys they are pokemon, and they are legenddary beasts. And what kind of pokemon and beasts? CATS, it's not that hard to understand. thread closed.

then i suggest you ACCEPT the FACT they are cats and move on with your happy little life with merriam.

I suggest YOU learn to accept other peoples opinions, and to accept when you're wrong. They're not cats. They're not dogs. They're a combination of both, as many many people have said previously in this very topic.

Also, they're Pokemon. They're Legendary Beasts.

Also, why is this even that important to you? Is it really that big of a deal? Does your life depend on what species a fictional animal is?
#425beebarbPosted 1/27/2013 5:11:58 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
scrappybristol posted...

I'll only interject on this, as the topic is silly. 'They' can be used in a general sense to refer to an individual who's gender is unknown, so long as the sentence is structured in the right way.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#426sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/27/2013 5:12:26 PM
beebarb posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
scrappybristol posted...

I'll only interject on this, as the topic is silly. 'They' can be used in a general sense to refer to an individual who's gender is unknown, so long as the sentence is structured in the right way.

Exactly. Thank you for backing up my point.
#427AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/27/2013 5:13:14 PM
beebarb posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
scrappybristol posted...

I stand corrected, even though I was aware of that.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#428sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/27/2013 5:13:21 PM
TC, how are you not out of posts yet? Hax0rz.
#429TIGERJACKS0N(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 5:13:47 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
sinfulGrimoire posted...

I suggest YOU learn to accept other peoples opinions, and to accept when you're wrong. They're not cats. They're not dogs. They're a combination of both, as many many people have said previously in this very topic.

Also, they're Pokemon. They're Legendary Beasts.

Also, why is this even that important to you? Is it really that big of a deal? Does your life depend on what species a fictional animal is?

Yes it kinda does matter so what? There's people who watch NFL and scream hell at their TV when "their" team makes a mistake. Why does it matter to THEM? Unless they're betting which most don't.
---
#430sinfulGrimoirePosted 1/27/2013 5:14:39 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
Yes it kinda does matter so what? There's people who watch NFL and scream hell at their TV when "their" team makes a mistake. Why does it matter to THEM? Unless they're betting which most don't.

Care to explain why this matters to you? Are you only allowed to use feline Pokemon?