This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The only thing I hate about Pokemon being so "big"

#11SlimeStackPosted 1/26/2013 3:30:31 PM
The games really aren't as empty as people assume. The majority of Pokemon tend to be available. It's mostly starters and legendaries that go missing.
---
Professional Chespin fanboy.
#12ZhacariasPosted 1/26/2013 3:31:02 PM
scrappybristol posted...
I've never cared enough to complete the Pokedex.
#13BluntGruntPosted 1/26/2013 3:35:17 PM(edited)
FryDays5000 posted...
BluntGrunt posted...
Why bother completing the PokÚdex if all you get is a stupid diploma?

In BW2 you get an item that would help you find shinies instead

Well, at least it's better than a diploma. Still not something I'd bother with.
No need to edit and make yourself sound like an a-hole, though.
---
?????
#14ashcrvPosted 1/26/2013 3:42:48 PM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
I wish it was feasible to start Pokemon X from the start, and be able to complete your Pokedex with only someone from Y.

I liked that simplicity of Red/Blue. It was hard but doable. Unless you add in Mew, you didn't have to depend on special events or owning other gen versions (obviously).

Wifi trading doesn't exist.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#15SR71haloPosted 1/26/2013 3:49:25 PM(edited)
I used to love catching them all back in the Blue/Red days. I even got all 151 once or twice and all 251 in Gold/Silver. Nowadays, I don't care about catching every single one. Hell, I rarely capture Pokemon at all unless I really want them (sometimes I plan on using them on my team, others times it's "just to have them") or if they're rare. I care more about building a good team than I do completing the Pokedex, "GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL" is not important to me.

Hell, I don't know if things have changed over the years, but you don't even get rewarded for completing it. All you get is some certificate and a pat on the back by the professor.
---
Now Leave!
#16duranmanXPosted 1/26/2013 3:55:56 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
i always hated that you absolutely couldn't 100% the game without trading.it's the one thing i'd remove form the series.even if they were rare,exclusive pokemons are a pain.even worse is keeping some of the coolest 1st gen pokemon unobtainable without it (golem,gengar,machamp and alakazam)

thats the point of the game, and if you saw the Pokemon Direct their actually going to make trading play a bigger role
---
The Official Melchizedek of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#17MDS2005Posted 1/26/2013 3:57:38 PM
scrappybristol posted...
I've never cared enough to complete the Pokedex.

---
When I see human babies, I want to ragequit life.
You lack in the common English is an outrage.