This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What did yall use your masterball on in gen 1

#41xplayer55Posted 1/27/2013 9:33:02 PM
At Joey's Ratatta...
---
I'll Bing your Yahoo with my Google...
Currently Playing: A Game
#42BlueEye0Posted 1/27/2013 9:45:51 PM
I remember not knowing a thing about the Masterball but I knew it was special because I had only one. I was in the Seafoam Islands and I saw a Seadra and I wanted it, but I was out of balls despite getting it's health to red and it got paralyzed by my Raichu, so I used the Masterball and I caught it, thankfully I had saved prior to this so I reloaded and tested out the Masterball a couple of times and discovered that it caught anything on the first try. I ended up catching Articuno with it and I don't regret it one bit because Articuno has an extremely cool and sleek design and I love Ice types, Mewtwo can suck it!
#43SkinnyMRHPosted 1/27/2013 10:02:23 PM
Mewtwo dudes. I caught the legendary birds with ultra balls.
---
Matt Lauer Can Suck It
#44Uru_ZephPosted 1/27/2013 10:15:25 PM
Probably Mewtwo the first time through the game. But the catch felt really cheap... and I never wanted to use Mewtwo because of that.

Ever since then, I just haven't really used Masterballs (except on annoying crap that flees). I feel like if I'm going to be catching a legendary, I should be working for it.
#45zshippozxPosted 1/27/2013 10:17:07 PM
arceusrules1988 posted...
Missingno glitch = Infinate Masterballs.
LV >100 snorlax(now that was a uber at LV255)Its hp Showed half full but when it dropped to 0 it would shoot all the way back up from one side of the screen to the other. Side effect of glitch eventually deleted save file. I miss my snorlax :-(

i remember the missingno glitch messed up my blue version with some weird glitchyness. i had a golduck that ended up getting glitched into a blue charizard but still made the sound of a golduck and had a glitch move called tm09 and what it basically was, was ember that killed the enemy and your pokemon o.o. was the weirdest glitch ive ever experience in pookemonz.
---
SSF4: main- Sakura sub- ibuki 3rd Strike main - ibuki
GT: foxdemon3392 PSN: EXShouoken
#46JustCallMePosted 1/27/2013 10:21:21 PM
Mewtwo and I still wonder why I kept it that long. I was really young and terrible at the game. After leave Mt. Moon I had a Charizard...and nothing else because I didn't know how to catch Pokemon until a friend showed me. I don't know how I knew to wait until Mewtwo.
#47TenzhiPosted 1/27/2013 10:23:06 PM
Snorlax... and then later when I had nigh infinite Masterballs I used them on almost everything.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.
#48TehTrumpCardPosted 1/27/2013 10:26:54 PM
Infernus93 posted...
Nothing. I was convinced holding Down + B while using a Great Ball increased capture rates. If it failed, it was because "I timed it wrong."

I don't think anything ever took me more than three attempts. I remember a time when my friend had been trying to catch Articuno for like two days with Ultra Balls got frustrated, gave up, handed me his Game Boy, and I got it on my first try. lolololol.

I had a pretty crazy luck streak through the first two gens. I got Pokerus every time I played through G/S/C, and quite a few shinies.

This, but replace Down+B with alternating A and B rapidly like a mad man.

As of recently I do Master Ball my Roamers and my Shinies (when I don't have a legendary capture team with me).
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing...
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#49Unbridled9Posted 1/27/2013 10:28:53 PM
Mewtwo. I hadn't even played the game and I knew it was the 'best' mon just by word of mouth, so I decided to wait until one showed up. Almost gave up hope in the cave, then I fought him and was so happy.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#50StreethawkePosted 1/27/2013 10:59:16 PM
Moltres, since I stupidly mistook it for "the bird Ash saw in the first episode of the anime" and assumed it was the last legendary in the game. Ended up catching Mewtwo in an Ultra Ball as a result.
---
Flight is freedom. Break the sky.