This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Charizard should be the only pokemon in this game

#21Blazekicker27Posted 1/28/2013 6:01:15 AM
I like Charizard and everything, but this is just ridiculous. D.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon X/Y boards and Blaziken of the PMD:GTI board.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#22Kaze_MemaryuPosted 1/28/2013 6:06:46 AM
Enjoy your unbeatable game - Charizard can't surf.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#23brutalrhinoPosted 1/28/2013 7:14:59 AM
faruway posted...
Okay, TC, I had no choice but to do this

Lt Charurge

Mount Charizoon

Lolololol, this is great.
---
GT - brutalrhino
#24AlphrinPosted 1/28/2013 8:54:29 AM
Charizard is like the Wolverine of Pokemon. It seems that for every person who likes him, another person hates him because of how popular he is.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#25PolimarioPosted 1/28/2013 9:00:14 AM
Alphrin posted...
Charizard is like the Wolverine of Pokemon. It seems that for every person who likes him, another person hates him because of how popular he is.

Except Wolverine is good.

Charizard is not.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#26MetaFalconPunchPosted 1/28/2013 9:14:45 AM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Enjoy your unbeatable game - Charizard can't surf.

YES!
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead. Official Jolteon of the Pokemon X Board. Kraid: (steps on you)
#27AlphrinPosted 1/28/2013 9:46:23 AM(edited)
Polimario posted...
Alphrin posted...

Charizard is not.

Good? Wolverine's stats are horrible. His high defense and Regenerator ability don't make up for the fact that so many other mutants can kick his ass, due to his pitiful attacking stats, HP, and special defense. His only hope of ever winning a battle is by spamming Guillotine and hoping it hits.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#28Nidhogg151Posted 1/28/2013 10:44:05 PM
Alphrin posted...
Polimario posted...
Alphrin posted...

Charizard is not.

Good? Wolverine's stats are horrible. His high defense and Regenerator ability don't make up for the fact that so many other mutants can kick his ass, due to his pitiful attacking stats, HP, and special defense. His only hope of ever winning a battle is by spamming Guillotine and hoping it hits.

I know you were making a joke, but saying Wolverine's stats are horrible is completely untrue (in comparison, anyway). Wolverine is one of the most unbalanced x-men to exist. In a nutshell, I'd say he's the Arceus of the x-men. While he might not be stronger than other x-men in certain areas, overall he is a jack-of-all-trades, while not falling victim to the usual "master of none" part.

Though personally, Gambit has always been my favorite.
---
You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well armed.
Pokemon White 2: 4986 2948 4576
#29MagikarpRulesPosted 1/28/2013 11:02:28 PM
It's true that looks have a lot to do with Charizard's popularity. On the other hand, I'm fed up with some people that thinks that someone should only like or care about the Pokemon in the higher tiers of competitive play.
#30iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:43:26 PM(edited)
GiftedACIII posted...
http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue23/starters

Its kinda your preference of whether Blaziken being Uber means hes better or not but in all ways Charizard is the second worst in battles after Emboar.

Ugh, Pokemon's not about the metagame. You don't judge characters by how good they are in the metagame. The entire point of Bug pokemon (aside from Heracross, Scyther, and Scizor) in RBY and GSC was as a really useful kind of pokemon in the RPG, because they level up and evolve so fast.

People don't like Charizard because he's a great pokemon. People like Charizard because:

1. He's a freaking dragon.
2. Fire is just a cool type
3. He has a huge role in the amine, so a lot of people who grew up with the Pokemon anime have a soft spot for him in their hearts

But to be completely honest, Blaziken also gets a whole lot of Charizard treatment. He's essentially the Charizard of people who grew up on Gen 3. I've never been a fan of Blaziken, but he was the last evolved fire starter with a decent design.

Poor Typhlosion never gets any love though. Not only is he sandwiched between some of the series' biggest fanboy pokemon, he also has to share the little glory he has with is also awesome preevolutions.

Also, in case you didn't have your brain on you when you posted in response to this, its a joke. I'm not being serious, I just wanted to make a fun post in honor of Charizard's awesomeness.

EDIT: I also don't get why gamefreak decided to give Charizard a secondary flying type combination instead of a dragon type. Especially in gen 1, when the only fully evolved dragon pokemon was Dragonite, who looks like a plushie. Even if they didn't give Charizard the dragon typing, they could have at least given it to Gyarados, who does absolutely nothing with his flying type.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US