This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Charizard should be the only pokemon in this game

#31LightningAce11Posted 1/28/2013 11:39:22 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Mugiloko posted...
Charizard is overrated as hell.

---
Official Zapdos of the Pokemon X/Y Message Boards
#32GiftedACIIIPosted 1/29/2013 3:05:09 PM
iKhanic posted...

Ugh, Pokemon's not about the metagame. You don't judge characters by how good they are in the metagame. The entire point of Bug pokemon (aside from Heracross, Scyther, and Scizor) in RBY and GSC was as a really useful kind of pokemon in the RPG, because they level up and evolve so fast.

You don't judge Pokemon period. Everyone has their different preferences. People's favorite Pokemon can be luvdisc or delibird and it doesn't matter to you in the slightest. However saying how good a Pokemon is in battling is different and Charizard with his quad stealth rock weakness just gets destroyed in competitive. I didn't say you can't like him for that but my point that Charizard is one of the worst fire starters for battling real players.

People don't like Charizard because he's a great pokemon. People like Charizard because:

1. He's a freaking dragon.
2. Fire is just a cool type
3. He has a huge role in the amine, so a lot of people who grew up with the Pokemon anime have a soft spot for him in their hearts

Answer: children and noobs. One, who ares if hes a "freaking dragon?" That's only your opinion. Empoleons a freaking Penguin in a tux, a million times more awesome.
Two, lol actually fires a terrible type to be in the metagame unless you have spinners but AMERICAN children (not even japanese children, who tend to like psychic and electric types more) who don't know anything about the games do like fire. And third, lolanime.

But to be completely honest, Blaziken also gets a whole lot of Charizard treatment. He's essentially the Charizard of people who grew up on Gen 3. I've never been a fan of Blaziken, but he was the last evolved fire starter with a decent design.

Your opinion. I believe Blaziken is less cool looking than Infernape and even Emboar and I used Blaziken the most.

Poor Typhlosion never gets any love though. Not only is he sandwiched between some of the series' biggest fanboy pokemon, he also has to share the little glory he has with is also awesome preevolutions.

Um, no where I've been around Thyposion is the 2nd biggest nostalgia fanboy character after Charizard. This just goes to show you how your opinion is biased through what gens you played the most.

Also, in case you didn't have your brain on you when you posted in response to this, its a joke. I'm not being serious, I just wanted to make a fun post in honor of Charizard's awesomeness.

lol neither was mine. I didn't even direct that comment to you.

EDIT: I also don't get why gamefreak decided to give Charizard a secondary flying type combination instead of a dragon type. Especially in gen 1, when the only fully evolved dragon pokemon was Dragonite, who looks like a plushie. Even if they didn't give Charizard the dragon typing, they could have at least given it to Gyarados, who does absolutely nothing with his flying type.

Very easy. A. Dragons are supposed to be very rare. B. That would make them broken especially Gyarados. And no, that flying type dulls fighting, bug, and makes grass normal damage.
#33AlI_About_The_UPosted 1/29/2013 3:08:55 PM
No
---
http://i.imgur.com/PqS9Duf.jpg
#34SpikayaPosted 1/29/2013 3:13:04 PM
ur funi

d
#35Throwback2780Posted 1/29/2013 3:14:59 PM
LightningAce11 posted...
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Mugiloko posted...
Charizard is overrated as hell.

---
"BUT I'M NOT ON NO ONE'S SIG."-DynasticAnthony
Official Deino of the Pokemon X & Y Boards.
#36arvilinoPosted 1/29/2013 3:15:50 PM(edited)
MagikarpRules posted...
It's true that looks have a lot to do with Charizard's popularity. On the other hand, I'm fed up with some people that thinks that someone should only like or care about the Pokemon in the higher tiers of competitive play.

Meh I don't know, I don't like those who over inflate Charizard's competitive worth based on how much they like it.
#37LegoGarlicBreadPosted 1/29/2013 7:15:40 PM
They should do this for Oshawott.
---
It makes so much sense, it rhymes.
#38iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:28:04 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
iKhanic posted...
EDIT: I also don't get why gamefreak decided to give Charizard a secondary flying type combination instead of a dragon type. Especially in gen 1, when the only fully evolved dragon pokemon was Dragonite, who looks like a plushie. Even if they didn't give Charizard the dragon typing, they could have at least given it to Gyarados, who does absolutely nothing with his flying type.

Very easy. A. Dragons are supposed to be very rare. B. That would make them broken especially Gyarados. And no, that flying type dulls fighting, bug, and makes grass normal damage.

What i meant about Gyarados is that he doesn't learn any flying type moves in Gen 1 (using that because thats when he was created and given the flying type)
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#39GiftedACIIIPosted 1/29/2013 8:10:56 PM
iKhanic posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
iKhanic posted...

What i meant about Gyarados is that he doesn't learn any flying type moves in Gen 1 (using that because thats when he was created and given the flying type)

If he was a dragon type it'd be useless too because Dragon Rage does fixed damage and it goes off his pathetic special attack (2nd and 3rd gen). He'd also still be broken. Which is also why 4th gen is great, not only did it gave Gyarados Bounce, it also changed the dumb "being a physical or special type which means if you're stuck with a type with a the opposite stat (Sneazel, Gengar) its tough luck"

4th gen made physical/special attack according to moves so any pokemon can have a chance and theres always a physical/special variant for every attack.
#40DragonwarriordudePosted 1/29/2013 10:00:39 PM
lulz
---
Sig.