This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often have you misused your Masterball?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How often have you misused your Masterball?

User Info: Anticitizen97

Anticitizen97
4 years ago#1
It's happened to me once, back in Sapphire. I didn't even notice it happened til long, long after I did it. I went to catch Kyogre and noticed it was gone, so after raging like a Motherf***er I managed to catch it with ultra balls. Later I went through my pc to see if I accidently used it...

I used it on a Trapinch >.>
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 5

User Info: OldDirtyCR

OldDirtyCR
4 years ago#2
I did in gen 1. I don't remember on what, because I was 10, but it was a dumb waste.

Since then I don't think I've ever used a masterball. I always tell myself I'm saving it for a special legendary and then end up never using it -_-.

User Info: Hemerukio

Hemerukio
4 years ago#3
I've never actually used one, come to think of it. And I have confidence I'll probably never NEED to use one. Might use this one I have in W2 on a Patrat or something...
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png

User Info: Decon082

Decon082
4 years ago#4
I've never used one in-game on anything besides roaming legendaries. Except for Red and Blue, where I would always use it on Mewtwo since there was no point in saving it.

Though I did panic and throw a Master Ball at the first (and only) normal shiny I've found in the wild. I really wish I would have been able to catch it in something else though.
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/

User Info: FireDragoon18

FireDragoon18
4 years ago#5
I've only used it once on Groudon in Ruby. I thought I had to use it. Note, this was me when I thought it was okay to have HMs spread throughout the entire team and have entire movesets of only one type.
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif

Anticitizen97
4 years ago#6
Decon082 posted...
I've never used one in-game on anything besides roaming legendaries. Except for Red and Blue, where I would always use it on Mewtwo since there was no point in saving it.

Though I did panic and throw a Master Ball at the first (and only) normal shiny I've found in the wild. I really wish I would have been able to catch it in something else though.

I probably would have done the same thing :P

User Info: Blargg

Blargg
4 years ago#7
Anticitizen97 posted...
It's happened to me once, back in Sapphire. I didn't even notice it happened til long, long after I did it. I went to catch Kyogre and noticed it was gone, so after raging like a Motherf***er I managed to catch it with ultra balls. Later I went through my pc to see if I accidently used it...

At least you used it on something awesome, if not legendary.
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."

Anticitizen97
4 years ago#8
Blargg posted...
Anticitizen97 posted...

At least you used it on something awesome, if not legendary.

Indeed, although this was before I knew what it evolved too :P

User Info: Accrovideogames

Accrovideogames
4 years ago#9
Decon082 posted...

If you're too afraid of knocking it out, just throw a ball at full health. I can understand that you'd do that with a Pokémon that can flee though, like Abra. However, if you see a shiny Abra during the night and have a Dusk Ball in your possession, don't waste your Master Ball because throwing a Dusk Ball right from the start will guarantee its capture.
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec

User Info: Decon082

Decon082
4 years ago#10
Accrovideogames posted...
Decon082 posted...

If you're too afraid of knocking it out, just throw a ball at full health. I can understand that you'd do that with a Pokémon that can flee though, like Abra. However, if you see a shiny Abra during the night and have a Dusk Ball in your possession, don't waste your Master Ball because throwing a Dusk Ball right from the start will guarantee its capture.

It was a random level 50-something Poliwrath. I remember having a low-level Stantler with me, but the rest of my party was probably all level 100s. And it was daytime. So I may not have even been able to weaken it.

Though I did have the patience to continuously chuck Great Balls at a shiny Absol I found with PokeRadar, because I didn't think to bring a low-level with me, and my Quick Ball missed on the first turn... xD I caught it though, so all's good. (:
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. How often have you misused your Masterball?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived