This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often have you misused your Masterball?

#1Anticitizen97Posted 1/27/2013 9:53:40 PM
It's happened to me once, back in Sapphire. I didn't even notice it happened til long, long after I did it. I went to catch Kyogre and noticed it was gone, so after raging like a Motherf***er I managed to catch it with ultra balls. Later I went through my pc to see if I accidently used it...

I used it on a Trapinch >.>
---
@(*.*)@ I'm on the karma payment plan.
Anticitizen stamps of approval given: 5
#2OldDirtyCRPosted 1/27/2013 9:55:53 PM
I did in gen 1. I don't remember on what, because I was 10, but it was a dumb waste.

Since then I don't think I've ever used a masterball. I always tell myself I'm saving it for a special legendary and then end up never using it -_-.
#3HemerukioPosted 1/27/2013 9:56:14 PM
I've never actually used one, come to think of it. And I have confidence I'll probably never NEED to use one. Might use this one I have in W2 on a Patrat or something...
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#4Decon082Posted 1/27/2013 9:57:56 PM
I've never used one in-game on anything besides roaming legendaries. Except for Red and Blue, where I would always use it on Mewtwo since there was no point in saving it.

Though I did panic and throw a Master Ball at the first (and only) normal shiny I've found in the wild. I really wish I would have been able to catch it in something else though.
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/
#5FireDragoon18Posted 1/27/2013 9:58:40 PM
I've only used it once on Groudon in Ruby. I thought I had to use it. Note, this was me when I thought it was okay to have HMs spread throughout the entire team and have entire movesets of only one type.
---
[Tu fui, ego eris.]
http://i.imgur.com/7dBe9.gif
#6Anticitizen97(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 9:59:00 PM
Decon082 posted...
I've never used one in-game on anything besides roaming legendaries. Except for Red and Blue, where I would always use it on Mewtwo since there was no point in saving it.

Though I did panic and throw a Master Ball at the first (and only) normal shiny I've found in the wild. I really wish I would have been able to catch it in something else though.

I probably would have done the same thing :P
---
#7BlarggPosted 1/27/2013 10:01:45 PM
Anticitizen97 posted...
It's happened to me once, back in Sapphire. I didn't even notice it happened til long, long after I did it. I went to catch Kyogre and noticed it was gone, so after raging like a Motherf***er I managed to catch it with ultra balls. Later I went through my pc to see if I accidently used it...

At least you used it on something awesome, if not legendary.
---
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."
#8Anticitizen97(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 10:02:54 PM
Blargg posted...
Anticitizen97 posted...

At least you used it on something awesome, if not legendary.

Indeed, although this was before I knew what it evolved too :P
---
#9AccrovideogamesPosted 1/27/2013 10:12:19 PM
Decon082 posted...

If you're too afraid of knocking it out, just throw a ball at full health. I can understand that you'd do that with a Pokémon that can flee though, like Abra. However, if you see a shiny Abra during the night and have a Dusk Ball in your possession, don't waste your Master Ball because throwing a Dusk Ball right from the start will guarantee its capture.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#10Decon082Posted 1/27/2013 10:16:21 PM
Accrovideogames posted...
Decon082 posted...

If you're too afraid of knocking it out, just throw a ball at full health. I can understand that you'd do that with a Pokémon that can flee though, like Abra. However, if you see a shiny Abra during the night and have a Dusk Ball in your possession, don't waste your Master Ball because throwing a Dusk Ball right from the start will guarantee its capture.

It was a random level 50-something Poliwrath. I remember having a low-level Stantler with me, but the rest of my party was probably all level 100s. And it was daytime. So I may not have even been able to weaken it.

Though I did have the patience to continuously chuck Great Balls at a shiny Absol I found with PokeRadar, because I didn't think to bring a low-level with me, and my Quick Ball missed on the first turn... xD I caught it though, so all's good. (:
---
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X boards.
http://www.youtube.com/Decon082/