This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Xernias light type and Yveltal sound type?

#31wind64aPosted 1/28/2013 6:09:32 PM
What if Yvetal is a "Bird" type? Gamefreak might finally make a non-glitchmon with that typing.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the BW2 boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#32kumorixLovelessPosted 1/28/2013 6:12:24 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Oh, you thought this was confirmed?
For these games?

Crazy TC, there probably aren't new types.
Or did you think that they would mess with the type chart this late in the series?
Unthinkable!
Really, you should have considered this first.
Seriously, if this was a troll attempt, you should have tried harder.
Evereyone can see right through this.

Never try something this lame again.
Obviously, we have you figured out.
Thank you for listening
!

Dood. You just won a churro. xD that was funny
---
Nothing is better then being a gamer.
PSN: Tofuman2021
#33nro87Posted 1/28/2013 6:29:01 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
nro87 posted...
Big_Isaac posted...
Y-Bird being Dark/Flying and X-Deer being Light/Steel would make more sense IMO

That makes no sense. First off, I'm almost 100% positive that they won't be adding any more types. Second, Why add a new type to one legendary but not the other? Third, Dark is not the opposite of Light when talking about Pokémon. Dark is the Evil type in Japan. it's not darkness.

well it's not called Evil in English, now is it?
this isn't rocket science. just call it Holy in Japanese and Light in English

also, nothing is confirmed. we don't know whether or not they are ever going to make a new type. the fact that they didn't do it since gen 2 doesn't mean they won't do it again

All right, smart ass, you really don't know much of anything, do you? They won't have a "Holy" type to counter Dark because there is already a counter to Dark in place. It's called Fighting in the English games and "Hero" in the Japanese games. You're right, it isn't rocket science. However, none of what you said has anything to do with the fact that your post still makes no sense. What company in their right mind would add 2 new types to a 15 year old series and only showcase 1 of the 2 in the new legendaries?
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#34OniLink96Posted 1/28/2013 6:40:06 PM
I just wanna point out that this board is the only place I've ever seen Fighting type referred to as being Hero type in Japan. According to Bulbapedia it's Fighting. Unless kakutou can be read as Hero?

I realize Bulbapedia is by no means a concrete source, but my point is that this is the only place were I've seen that claim. Bulbapedia accurately has Dark type listed as being Evil type, so why not Fighting if it really is Hero?
---
We need Dinozord power, now!!
#35AverticePosted 1/28/2013 6:43:24 PM
Every single Pokemon would be Sound type, because all Pokemon make sounds.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4940 - 5485 - 8720
PSN: Avertice
#36Faust_8Posted 1/28/2013 6:50:22 PM(edited)
KillerMechanoid posted...
No, Xerneas is HOLY type and Yveltal is SONIC type.

I have to admit, Sonic sounds a lot better than Sound, if there were to introduce it. Though here in the US they'd still call it Light type or something instead of Holy, they're afraid to have anything possibly religion-related in Pokemon.

That said, while it's not unfounded to speculate upon light/holy and sound/sonic types, it's also not worth truly buying into either. Just entertain the possibility and wait to see what happens.

If they did introduce them I'd really wonder how they'd fare against existing types in terms of super effective/weakness/resistance.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while