This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

pokemon with ATB

#21jayman7Posted 1/28/2013 10:37:38 AM(edited)
SarojPollard posted...
For those who have played Final fantasy 10 or 13, or any other ATB game

Wait wait what? Final Fantasy X doesn't have an ATB system. 13 sorta does at least... but the true ATB games are FF4-9 (and Chrono Trigger).

I of course now see that the whole topic has been about this point, but it's still true.

Anyway, I find ATB overrated. I prefer CTB (which is what FF10 used), but in Pokemon I don't think either one would work all that well.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#22R0cks0l1ddPosted 1/28/2013 10:36:59 AM
I thought TC meant All the Bravest for a second lol. do not want
---
Official Everything of every board.
#23jayman7Posted 1/28/2013 10:39:29 AM(edited)
R0cks0l1dd posted...
I thought TC meant All the Bravest for a second lol. do not want

Admittedly, as overrated as I find the ATB system, if "All the Bravest" is even half as bad as I've heard I want nothing to do with it. I've at least played all of the major ATB games (again, FF4-9 and Chrono Trigger, and sorta kinda arguably FF12 and 13.)
---
#24GTRagnarokPosted 1/28/2013 10:39:54 AM
If it's just like FFX, then speed would be far and away the most important stat. A fast Pokemon vs a slow one would be able to go several turns in a row.
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#25jayman7Posted 1/28/2013 10:45:39 AM(edited)
GTRagnarok posted...
If it's just like FFX, then speed would be far and away the most important stat. A fast Pokemon vs a slow one would be able to go several turns in a row.

And this is the biggest reason CTB wouldn't work in Pokemon - heck, it's one of the biggest reasons ATB wouldn't work. The vast majority of Pokemon battles are one-on-one, which is not where ATB and CTB shine.

I also have no idea how they'd work with Rotation Battles. And I like Rotation Battles.
---