This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Generation 6 has the best main legendaries and starter pokemon?

#1thisguy12Posted 1/28/2013 11:44:29 AM
I've grown to really like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. Xerneas and Yveltal also have superb designs. Based on what we know, does generation 6 have the best starters (first stage) and main legendaries (box cover)? If not, then what generation is the best in your opinion?
#2nro87Posted 1/28/2013 11:46:44 AM
Gen 3 is far and above the best for starters and legendaries. Sceptile is beast, Blaziken was banned for a reason, and Swampert is my second favorite Pokémon of all time. Plus, Groudon and Kyogre are two hugely dominant forces. Although, Gen 6 is shaping up to be a very close second.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#3jayman7Posted 1/28/2013 11:54:13 AM
It's hard to judge the starters without knowing what they evolve into. Of the existing five generations, my favorite starter trio - considering ALL THREE starters, not just one starter in particular - is the fourth gen... but outside of the starters, I'm not so fond of the fourth gen compared with the odd-numbered gens (the fifth gen is the opposite - hate the starters, love the gen as a whole).

Xerneas and Yveltal are up there with the best of the cover legendaries, in terms of designs if nothing else (again, we don't know anything about them beyond what they look like yet). Yveltal may in fact be my favorite cover legendary design yet.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#4Ari917Posted 1/28/2013 11:57:15 AM(edited)
Based on just the designs of the first stages, yeah I'd say that the starters are my favorite bunch but I'll wait for their final forms before I really make a choice.

The legendaries are currently in a three-way tie between Gen 3's and Gen 5's just based on the designs alone.
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 1/28/2013 12:01:55 PM
nro87 posted...
Gen 3 is far and above the best for starters and legendaries. Sceptile is beast, Blaziken was banned for a reason, and Swampert is my second favorite Pokémon of all time. Plus, Groudon and Kyogre are two hugely dominant forces. Although, Gen 6 is shaping up to be a very close second.

This. So much this.
Also, Gen I had Mewtwo, which is my favorite Legendary.
But Gen III did bring Mewtwo back in FR/LG (because of not being able to transfer from Gen II to Gen III).
Therefore, Gen III had the best Legendaries.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#6nro87Posted 1/28/2013 12:01:59 PM
Ari917 posted...
Based on just the designs of the first stages, yeah I'd say that the starters are my favorite bunch but I'll wait for their final forms before I really make a choice.

The legendaries are currently in a three-way tie between Gen 3's and Gen 5's just based on the designs alone.

You liked the designs of Zekrom and Reshiram? You might be the only one.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#7jayman7Posted 1/28/2013 12:02:49 PM
nro87 posted...
Ari917 posted...

They're not my favorites, but I certainly like them more than Dialga and Palkia...
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#8Ari917Posted 1/28/2013 12:04:25 PM
nro87 posted...
Ari917 posted...

Right...

I'm sure in this board full of who knows how many people, I'm the only one that liked Zekrom and/or Reshiram's designs...
#9TyranidomegaPosted 1/28/2013 1:43:27 PM
Ari917 posted...
nro87 posted...
Ari917 posted...

Right...

I'm sure in this board full of who knows how many people, I'm the only one that liked Zekrom and/or Reshiram's designs...

*raises hand* I like 'em.

Anyways, back on topic. I wouldn't say these are the best starters, but so far they have recieved positive reception so I think they're good.

As for the legendaries, Xerneas and Yveltal at pretty high up there.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.
#10kingjam1Posted 1/28/2013 1:52:00 PM
We don't even know their typing, stats or movepool yet.
---
Can't think of anything