This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the timeline in Pokemon?

#21OldDirtyCRPosted 1/28/2013 10:03:00 PM(edited)
FungusForBrains posted...
Where are people getting the idea that RSE occurred concurrently with FRLG? The games being in the same generation doesn't prove that, and I don't remember anything in the games suggesting that at all.

The fact that you can directly trade between the two without a time capsule in either game. R/B -> G/S required utilizing a time capsule in G/S to trade between the two. Every game lines up just fine as far as trading and timeline goes, so there's no reason to believe this would be any different.

Also you cannot trade between FR/LG and R/S until you help set up the network connection between the two with Celio at the end of FR/LG. You need to be at the end of each respective game to trade between the two versions, which implies them happening at the same time.

Gen 3 -> Gen 4 with Pal park. You are putting pokemon into the Pal Park in order to have them eventually be picked up in another land (Sinnoh). D/P is set after the events of R/B, and subsequently R/S

So.. I'd say there is plenty in the games suggesting it. Is there anything that 100% without a doubt proves it? No, but the simple fact that the trading machine is simply using a network between the two regions is basically stating that there is no time difference.
#22RatedRKO7Posted 1/28/2013 10:04:13 PM
Brandon042487 posted...
Time...line?

Time isn't made out of lines, it's made out of circles.

That is why clocks are round.

This made me so happy. I love red vs blue. Can't wait for season 11

On topic: We don't have a set confirmation of how many years passed between Gen II/IV and Gen V. Also we have no idea when Gen VI takes place
---
Got it memorized?- Axel
Pokemon X & Y takes place in France started 1/8/13 Official Infernape of The Pokemon X Board and Kyogre of Pokemon Y
#23mondrae205Posted 1/28/2013 10:07:38 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
Where are people getting the idea that RSE occurred concurrently with FRLG? The games being in the same generation doesn't prove that, and I don't remember anything in the games suggesting that at all.

The fact that you can directly trade between the two without a time capsule in either game. R/B -> G/S required utilizing a time capsule in G/S to trade between the two. Every game lines up just fine as far as trading and timeline goes, so there's no reason to believe this would be any different.

Also you cannot trade between FR/LG and R/S until you help set up the network connection between the two with Celio at the end of FR/LG. You need to be at the end of each respective game to trade between the two versions, which implies them happening at the same time.

Gen 3 -> Gen 4 with Pal park. You are putting pokemon into the Pal Park in order to have them eventually be picked up in another land (Sinnoh). D/P is set after the events of R/B, and subsequently R/S

So.. I'd say there is plenty in the games suggesting it. Is there anything that 100% without a doubt proves it? No, but the simple fact that the trading machine is simply using a network between the two regions is basically stating that there is no time difference.

You are basing the timeline based on the names of the transfer methods?
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
Official Arceus of pokemon X board
#24OldDirtyCRPosted 1/28/2013 10:16:38 PM(edited)
mondrae205 posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...

You are basing the timeline based on the names of the transfer methods?

Um...what? Maybe I was unclear.

No time machine implies happening at the same time. Trades are done via a network you help set up in game. I'm not sure what names of transfer methods have to do with anything.

Moving on, Lanette has a mail in her PC that states that her and Bill designed the pokemon box system together. This doesn't necessarily prove they are happening at the same time, but it shows that R/S didn't happen way before R/B or anything weird like that.
#25mondrae205Posted 1/28/2013 10:18:28 PM
I disagree with you but I don't care enough to have a discussion so I am going to bed.
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
Official Arceus of pokemon X board
#26OldDirtyCRPosted 1/28/2013 10:26:02 PM(edited)
mondrae205 posted...
I disagree with you but I don't care enough to have a discussion so I am going to bed.

Well you are disagreeing with the majority of people who look into the timeline stuff. I have no intention of debating it as there's plenty of websites already discussing it and all ending on the same conclusion, and to be quite frank I still don't think you understand the basic concept behind it as you seem to think transfer names has something to do with it.

While nothing 100% solidifies that they occur at the same time, there is nothing that even hints at it being anywhere else in the timeline. I'd love to hear your theory on where R/S is in the timeline.

Have a great night sleep.
#27MagikarpRulesPosted 1/28/2013 10:35:39 PM
I think we should forget about the timeline, I think it will eventually turn into an even bigger mess.