This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For Everyone Wondering Why Pokemon Should Go More Mature

#1retrogamer28Posted 1/28/2013 7:24:16 PM
I don't mean mature as in a M+ rating, but simply more like the animated trailer for b/w 2. And THIS is probably a good show of what could be done. http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=9zrRZiQ-6MA (WARNING: swear words) I don't want blood in my pokemon games, but even just enough for E+10 could possibly make the games a little less childish. This would cut out a good portion of the fan base though, so of course it would never happen, but all I want to do with this post is explain why the fantasy of a little less tail whip and a little more flamethrower is so common.
#2Chao777Posted 1/28/2013 9:12:55 PM
I disagree.

I'm not saying we keep it for kids. That's a tired idea. But intently making it mature and alienating the fanbase? Oh god no. I'd like a story that plays a lot more like Pokémon Colosseum's. The locations were odd and generally unfitting for a Pokémon game, but awesome nonetheless (The Under was amazing!).

Did that game do anything to rid of the general childlike playfulness? No. What it did do was at least take itself a bit seriously, and establish a nice theme going on. That's what we need.

Besides, BW1 got really close to that goal with its ending. Once everything with Team Plasma started to fall into place, the fact that EVERYONE in the game is nuts about the bond between people and Pokémon makes Plasma's goal almost make sense. What if we were doing the right thing? The fact that the games in their entirety are constructed around the themes in the plot is a major step forward. I say we have more stuff like Colosseum and BW1, and less stuff like Gen 4 and BW2.

That's just my 2 cents of course.
#3SarojPollardPosted 1/28/2013 9:38:54 PM
retrogamer28 posted...
I don't mean mature as in a M+ rating, but simply more like the animated trailer for b/w 2. And THIS is probably a good show of what could be done. http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=9zrRZiQ-6MA (WARNING: swear words) I don't want blood in my pokemon games, but even just enough for E+10 could possibly make the games a little less childish. This would cut out a good portion of the fan base though, so of course it would never happen, but all I want to do with this post is explain why the fantasy of a little less tail whip and a little more flamethrower is so common.

I agree
---
Your no match for my ALLSTAR STARTER pokemon (-o-)