This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

All these suggestions, but there's one minor thing I hope they change...

#1HemerukioPosted 1/28/2013 9:48:08 PM
...The ability to rename Pokemon originally owned by other people, AKA gained through trade. Some names people give these Pokemon are just awful. Or they don't name them at all and leave it all in caps. It just irritates me. >.<
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#2ClassyOldHatPosted 1/28/2013 10:26:57 PM
Yeah. While I can understand making a Pokemon named by another trainer keep it's name, I can't understand at all why they don't allow for the nicknaming un-named traded Pokemon. They have a flag that marks whether a 'mon has been nicknamed or not, why can't they allow another trainer to name a Pokemon if that flag isn't there?
#3Zero6798Posted 1/28/2013 10:38:39 PM
and no more BS wifi trade crap..

lv 9 and lower legendary for my lv 2 ratatatattatatat

hate those people
---
The Ruler's Heartbeats Now File Through Here... Witness The Creation Shaking Power.... Synchro Summon, My Very Soul! Red Demon's Dragon!
#4Faust_8Posted 1/28/2013 10:48:16 PM
Didn't they already change it so Pokemon naturally have normal names? (As in, not all caps?) I swear they did it in Gen IV or V.

and no more BS wifi trade crap..

lv 9 and lower legendary for my lv 2 ratatatattatatat

hate those people

Those are dupers. By turning off the console at the right moment when putting a Pokemon in the trade center, they can make a copy of it (one in their party and one in the trade center, waiting for a trade). But putting it up for trade means someone can come along and trade for it if they have the right Pokemon...so they set the parameters so that it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to have the right Pokemon, that way they can go back on and take it back themselves.

At least that's what I've heard, and it does explain things.
---
You are the universe
Expressing itself as a human, for a little while
#5Hemerukio(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 10:50:50 PM
Faust_8 posted...
Didn't they already change it so Pokemon naturally have normal names? (As in, not all caps?) I swear they did it in Gen IV or V.

That's only after they evolve. At least from my experiences.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#6Mu_NovaPosted 1/28/2013 11:09:53 PM
Hemerukio posted...
Faust_8 posted...

That's only after they evolve. At least from my experiences.

No, Gen V got rid of natural all-caps, entirely.

Anyway, that always was very annoying to me too. But if I went and traded for a Jirachi or something there'd be that same problem. Lol.
---
"Ah yes, 'cliff racers'... I have dismissed that claim." ~ St. Jiub
I like My Little Pony. You do not have to watch My Little Pony.
#7jayman7Posted 1/28/2013 11:57:34 PM
The fifth gen got rid of the all-caps names. However, Pokemon from the third and fourth gens transferred forward to the fifth gen will have their names in all caps (if not changed) unless they evolve - since the "default name" flag will be set on non-nicknamed Pokemon, those that evolve will revert to proper caps.

Similarly, if you get a non-nicknamed Pokemon from a foreign game, it will have the name of its species in the language of origin, but if you evolve it, its name will switch to your language.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere