This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rustling grass or trainer rematches?

#1torentdragonPosted 1/29/2013 12:25:24 AM
Rustling grass or trainer rematches? - Results (114 votes)
Rustling grass
28.95% (33 votes)
Trainer rematches
71.05% (81 votes)
This poll is now closed.
To me it seems that the major reason rustling grass was added was because there were no trainer rematches. If they didn't add it would become gen 1 over again were you have to fight the E4 with underleveled Pokemon.

So if you had to choose, which one would you go with?
---
:/
#2GTRagnarokPosted 1/29/2013 12:26:35 AM
To me, rustling grass means some Pokemon are getting it on.
---
Alienware M17x R4 | i7-3720QM | 2GB 7970M | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 128GB Samsung PM830 mSATA SSD
#3torentdragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:33:54 AM
GTRagnarok posted...
To me, rustling grass means some Pokemon are getting it on.

Audino confirmed for new Ditto.
---
#4HemerukioPosted 1/29/2013 12:34:02 AM
Where's the "Both" option? Because I don't see any reason not to have both. I wanna rematch trainers, but I also want the option to get some more rare Pokemon that lurk in the grass.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#5torentdragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:35:55 AM
Hemerukio posted...
Where's the "Both" option? Because I don't see any reason not to have both. I wanna rematch trainers, but I also want the option to get some more rare Pokemon that lurk in the grass.

I'd like to know which one you would choose, if you really had to choose between the 2 options.
---
#6HemerukioPosted 1/29/2013 12:37:05 AM
torentdragon posted...
Hemerukio posted...

I'd like to know which one you would choose, if you really had to choose between the 2 options.

Ah. In that case, rustling grass.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#7ClassyOldHatPosted 1/29/2013 12:49:22 AM
What kind of Trainer Rematches are we talking about here? HG/SS guaranteed-rematches-at-a-certain-time-of-day? The over-hyped and unreliable VS. Seeker, where you can walk a thousand miles and still be told "It looks like nobody is ready to battle, TIME TO WALK ANOTHER HUNDRED STEPS, LOSER!" message? B/W2 "play solid snake if you don't want to battle level five breeders when revisiting a route?" Or maybe a version where you simply talk to a trainer you had battled before, on your terms?

The first or the last? I'd take the trainers. The rest? Wild Pokemon battles for life.
#8torentdragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:53:34 AM
ClassyOldHat posted...
What kind of Trainer Rematches are we talking about here? HG/SS guaranteed-rematches-at-a-certain-time-of-day? The over-hyped and unreliable VS. Seeker, where you can walk a thousand miles and still be told "It looks like nobody is ready to battle, TIME TO WALK ANOTHER HUNDRED STEPS, LOSER!" message? B/W2 "play solid snake if you don't want to battle level five breeders when revisiting a route?" Or maybe a version where you simply talk to a trainer you had battled before, on your terms?

The first or the last? I'd take the trainers. The rest? Wild Pokemon battles for life.

Well I was talking about it in general, but I'd like a either a Vs. Seeker or a pokenav thing.
---
#9KillerMechanoidPosted 1/29/2013 1:01:34 AM
Trainer Rematches, provided that they're always ready to fight whenever the VS seeker is used.
Also, the VS seeker shouldn't need 100 steps to charge up.
#10The_Undying_84Posted 1/29/2013 1:51:51 AM
Hemerukio posted...

I agree with this.

But more importantly, I still don't understand how anyone ever felt the need to grind in 5th gen games. I literally never went Audino hunting (or grinding of any kind til post game) and I was almost always overleveled in both White, and Black 2.
---
PSN: TheUndying84