This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rustling grass or trainer rematches?

#11torentdragon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:34:05 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
Hemerukio posted...
Where's the "Both" option? Because I don't see any reason not to have both. I wanna rematch trainers, but I also want the option to get some more rare Pokemon that lurk in the grass.

I agree with this.

But more importantly, I still don't understand how anyone ever felt the need to grind in 5th gen games. I literally never went Audino hunting (or grinding of any kind til post game) and I was almost always overleveled in both White, and Black 2.

As I said, I want to know which you would choose if you had to choose between the the 2. Also you being overleveled is probably because of the new leveling system. Maybe I play differently, but to me it seems that not fighting anything but trainers and gym leader will not make you overleveled, just average.
---
:/
#12MidniteZoruaPosted 1/29/2013 2:29:36 AM
At first I thought "trainer rematches" was referring to how Breeders would stop you for a match every time you return to the route they're on.

Even then, I honestly prefer rustling grass. Gives me the chance to catch extra Pokes while I'm at it.
---
Member of Kid Icarus: Uprising clan Angel Strikers.
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.
#13MilenninPosted 1/29/2013 2:34:34 AM
I want both, but I think trainer rematches are more fun.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#14SirPiercePosted 1/29/2013 4:57:15 AM
Both. But, if I had to choose one...trainer rematches hands down.
---
NNID - Aerontar.
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#15Skull_proPosted 1/29/2013 5:17:02 AM
If there is a trainer that will rematch with an audino or any of the happiny line, then dwfinitely trainer rematches.

That guy with an happiny in dppt was great for early/mid game grinding (i think he was on route 210)
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#16dadkwasherePosted 1/29/2013 5:22:02 AM
If pokemon continues to use the current exp gain system then I say rustling grass. Heres hoping pokemon scale to some degree in this if they add a hard mode.
---
Raiden: NRAGH why is I no loved?
Big Boss: You need to find a more political solution...tasty.
#17DonniedonzPosted 1/29/2013 5:25:52 AM
It's all about Big Stadium and Small Court. Those places are loaded with EXP.
---
[Currently waiting for a sig worthy quote.]