This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone still collect the trading cards?

#1SH076UNNERPosted 1/29/2013 6:10:40 AM
I recently got back into it and now loving that i finally have something to collect. I'm 18 by the way, last time i collected them was when i was in primary school so about 8 years old.
#2Skull_proPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:20 AM
Ive been thinking about going back to it. I still have a few cards somewhere in my boxes...
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#3MaurithPosted 1/29/2013 6:20:19 AM
I had a brief nostalgia burst last year, buying all the Black and White series ones. I ended up with most of the set actually, but when I realised how much I'd been spending I contented myself by stopping once I got the Samurott I wanted :P
---
Official Sawsbuck of the Pokemon XY boards
[Janna, Syndra, Rumble, Fizz, Ezreal, Katarina, Volibear, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw, Wukong, Nunu, Swain]
#4TherianReturnsPosted 1/29/2013 6:20:39 AM
I have the full collection all in mint condition of FOSSIL series cards. The first and only set I have completed of cards in real life. They are also a huge link to how many great friends I used to have back in the day who bought them for me.

New cards tho? lolscrewthat
---
Therian the God King. The only true Pokemon fan.
#5SH076UNNER(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:30:35 AM
Maurith posted...
I had a brief nostalgia burst last year, buying all the Black and White series ones. I ended up with most of the set actually, but when I realised how much I'd been spending I contented myself by stopping once I got the Samurott I wanted :P

You're right, my money is depleting so easily by buying booster packs.. But i can't stop. That's also the reason why i went back into collecting them, had a huge nostalgic burst and now i'm willing to put aside any spare money to get cards hahaha, I've obtained the collectors curse.

TherianReturns posted...
I have the full collection all in mint condition of FOSSIL series cards. The first and only set I have completed of cards in real life. They are also a huge link to how many great friends I used to have back in the day who bought them for me.

New cards tho? lolscrewthat

Put the whole set up on ebay or some collectors site. I can guarantee some good money will be paid to get those cards for some desperate collector. Any old rare cards will receive quite a lot actually.
#6TwilightWolf000Posted 1/29/2013 6:33:45 AM
I have a picture frame up on my wall showing my foil Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur cards.

Other then that, not really, although I do take a look at the decks and boosters when I see them while waiting in line at the store.
---
GT: TwilightWolf000 PSN: SquireRamza
Black FC: 1721-2511-4234
#7ecylisPosted 1/29/2013 6:58:40 AM
My nephew does and in a few months he's amassed around 700
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 4470-8076-7033
Not changing this sig until this fad dies out. Started on 8/24/12.
#8Chykka_BlackPosted 1/29/2013 7:10:41 AM
I still have all my old ones, although i don't want to buy the new cards since im broke all the time lol
---
Pokemon White FC: 4427-3698-5253 Izzi
3DS FC 4081-5675-7223
#9RTC3Posted 1/29/2013 8:26:15 AM
itt virgin turbo betas
---
<3 *Yao Ming* <3http://i.imgur.com/ulNUN.png<3 *Yao Ming* <3
Heat. http://i.imgur.com/zC1gp.jpg Sit down, kid
#10TwinmoldPosted 1/29/2013 8:47:50 AM
Says the guy posting on a Pokemon message board.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf