This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Froakie: My dream evolution movesets

#1CenedarprimePosted 1/29/2013 10:36:49 AM
More than anything concerning the starters, I really want Froakie to be Water/Fighting in its final form, whatever it may be named or look like. And unlike the previous Fighting starters who were mostly physically inclined (With the exception of Infernape who could easily go mixed or special), I would love a specially focused fighter.

Slap on a life orb or lum berry with this set:

Timid/Modest
Torrent
-Surf (STAB)
-Aura Sphere (STAB)
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind/Nasty Plot

With the combination of Water and Fighting STAB, all that it would really fear would be Grass types and the everpresent flying Dragons, hence Ice Beam. Electric types could still pose a problem, especially Jolteon, but it would almost seem unfair if Froakie's final form could check all its counters at once, right? Also Jellicent would still be a big problem for this froggie.

And if it did end up going physical, perhaps something like this with the same items:

Jolly/Adamant
Torrent
-Waterfall
-Close Combat/Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Swords Dance/Bulk Up

I see either a more traditional Swords Dance sweeper a la Infernape or perhaps a bulkier user of Drain Punch and Bulk Up, closer to Conkeldurr. It would still have the same advantages and disadvantages in terms of coverage but now it wouldn't be stopped by those cursed pink blobs, Chansey and Blissey.

What do you all think? This is just a wish after all.
---
PKMN Black 2 FC: 4084-3329-2441
"Allons-y!"
#2power_hold37Posted 1/29/2013 10:43:01 AM
Id actually really like that. Make it happen gamefreak
---
I don't even know you but I have much more karma than you do so I'm not gonna take anything you say too seriously... - Mr Sneaky
#3BlackSaborPosted 1/29/2013 11:08:49 AM
This is basically Keldeo right now, with HP Ice instead, cause for some reason a pony can't use Ice.

I don't think he's gonna end up Water/Fighting, but who knows.
#4KitschgardenerPosted 1/29/2013 11:55:05 AM
I really can't see it getting Aura Sphere. Specs sets would require Focus Miss instead.

That's assuming it is going to be Water/Fighting. If it is, I hope GF gives it something Keldeo or Poliwrath don't have.
#5MugilokoPosted 1/29/2013 12:00:43 PM
I just want this to happen:

Chespear @ Life Orb
Jolly
Overgrow

-Leech Spear
-Night Slash
-Brick Break/One of the elemental punchs
-Swords Dance
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/VcOip.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board