This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The last pokemon game I played was Red/Blue...

#1DPoisonPosted 1/29/2013 10:38:02 AM
and I'm not familiar with a big portion of the change they made since their last game so I have a few questions.

1.In the later games is it possible to catch all pokemons? If not, can you transfer all pokemon from different version into 1 version?

2.Is it possible now to catch starting pokemon like Charmander and Squirtle in the wild?

3.Can you catch ''oddballs'' pokemon like mr mime and jinx in the wild now?

4.I remember seeing things like 2 versus 2 battle in some games, are they still there and they still popular?

5.And is there any new stuff in the series other than just collect 8 badges and defeat pokechampion and collect all pokemons or its still the same formula?

Thanks!
#2CM_PLUNGEPosted 1/29/2013 10:42:41 AM
Well I assume you are not trolling so I'm going to answer seriously, even though if you googled a little you would get all this answers easly

1- Yes most of them you can and if you can't, you get them easly online, the main problem would be old starters

2-No but its easy to get them online

3-Yes, they even have pre evolutions now

4-Yes 2vs2, 3vs3 and 3vs3 Rotation battles where one pokemon attacks at the time only

5-The basic formula is still the same storywise yes but now there are usually a bunch of sidequest and a lot of postgame stuff, plus online play, mingames, other things were also added to the metagame but thats a lot to explain but yeah a lot of stuff is diferent.
#3PolimarioPosted 1/29/2013 10:47:51 AM
1. Version exclusives still exist. Everything from Gen 3 onwards can be sent forward, as RBY and GSC are incompatible with RSE and FR/LG.

2. Nope. Although HG/SS, remakes of GSC, allowed you to get a Kanto Starter and a Hoenn Starter after beating Red.

3. Depends on the game.

4. Still there. Gen V went further, introducing 3v3 battles with Triples and Rotation Battles.

5. That's still there, although later games expanded upon post E4 significantly with things like Battle Frontier, Pokemon World Tournament.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VXDSChH.png
Obey the Queen
#4DPoison(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:56:03 AM
CM_PLUNGE posted...
Well I assume you are not trolling so I'm going to answer seriously, even though if you googled a little you would get all this answers easly

1- Yes most of them you can and if you can't, you get them easly online, the main problem would be old starters

2-No but its easy to get them online

3-Yes, they even have pre evolutions now

4-Yes 2vs2, 3vs3 and 3vs3 Rotation battles where one pokemon attacks at the time only

5-The basic formula is still the same storywise yes but now there are usually a bunch of sidequest and a lot of postgame stuff, plus online play, mingames, other things were also added to the metagame but thats a lot to explain but yeah a lot of stuff is diferent.

@ #2: One thing I always wanted is to be able to do back then was to catch starting pokemons, suck you still can't do it.

@ #3 3vs3? Thats cray!

@ #5 Ok cool because it seemed to me that the pokemons series didn't really evolve from the games and if you wanted something new it would be to buy and play the spin-offs games.

I remember my pokemon blue game where I got 149 pokemons missing only one of the evee evoltion and mew. Good times.
#5CM_PLUNGEPosted 1/29/2013 10:59:31 AM(edited)
You get the starters easly anyway.

I didnt have a Gamecube or a friend with Leaf Green(I had fire Red), when Diamond and pearl came out I was able to get all the starters I missed in the first week the game was out, aka two other DP starters I didnt have, Johto ones, Mudkip and Charmander/Squirtle and I have given the 12 starters to a lot of people, its like 10/15 minutes breeding all of them.