This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think the starters should get a BST increase.

#1GATTJTPosted 1/29/2013 1:58:42 PM(edited)
Not the starters we already have, just talking about Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie. I think 540 would be a solid number to increase it to. It's not a huge increase, but...I just don't want the starters to be completely underwhelming like Gen 5. >_>
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xjBAd5G84
#2OldDirtyCRPosted 1/29/2013 1:59:24 PM
I really don't think BST was the main issue with Gen 5 starters. The problem was movesets, stat layout, and some typing issues depending on the starter.
#3ecylisPosted 1/29/2013 2:00:08 PM
Samurott should've been Water/Fighting. Emboar should not have been Fire/Fighting.
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 4470-8076-7033
Not changing this sig until this fad dies out. Started on 8/24/12.
#4darkeviaPosted 1/29/2013 2:01:56 PM
It really comes down to typing and distribution (and ability). The usual 520ish they get is fine, but as long as they're put into the right stats that complement their types. Infernape has a great offensive type and distribution, why it's so successful in OU.

Blaziken also has that typing and great distribution, but its ability kicks it to Uber. I agree 5th gen starts got shafted pretty bad.
---
I can has moar Fire Emblem?
#5MasterAdeptAlexPosted 1/29/2013 2:12:31 PM
I had to ditch my starter at one point of the game in White 1 and 2 because it was so bad. I hope they buff these new starters up in their fully evolved forms and make them useful.
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#6InhaledCornPosted 1/29/2013 2:19:56 PM
darkevia posted...
It really comes down to typing and distribution (and ability). The usual 520ish they get is fine, but as long as they're put into the right stats that complement their types. Infernape has a great offensive type and distribution, why it's so successful in OU.

Blaziken also has that typing and great distribution, but its ability kicks it to Uber. I agree 5th gen starts got shafted pretty bad.

^This is mainly it.

What Emboar should have been: a Substituting, Focus Punch, Fire Blast Wall Smasher with decent bulk and offenses that laughs at Blissey, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and possibly Gliscor and Heatran's attempt to wall it.
What Emboar is: Slow as s***, frail as f***. That's a bad combination in this game. And, it doesn't get Focus Punch. :/

What Samurott should have been: Shell Smashing Water/Fighting sweeper that can be Physically, Specially, or Mixed offensively and makes Cloyster wish it was that awesome.
What Samurott is: a Water type with a nice move pool + Swords Dance, but a lackluster ability, no bulk, and no speed.

What Serperior wants to be: Leaf Storm + Contrary late game Sweeper.
What Serperior is: an inferior Sceptile until its DW ability is released.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
Currently hooked on Ragnarok Odyssey.
#7GiftedACIIIPosted 1/29/2013 3:10:02 PM
darkevia posted...

Its dream world ability. Chandelure might've made it to ubers too if its was released. And competitively viable abilities doesn't hold to in-game viable. The best example is with Wobbuffet.

But yeah otherwise you're right. They wanted to emulate 1st gen whose every move a Pokemon had were their own types and normal so the Pokemon in 5th gen has terrible move coverage.
#8reaverzPosted 1/29/2013 3:58:36 PM
They just need to return to making less balanced stat spreads ala Gen III and Gen IV starters. The starters from those generations have been the most successful on average because of their typing and agreeable stat spreads.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]