This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just found a list of New Attack Ideas I wrote when Gen IV was new.

#1kamikazetomatoPosted 1/29/2013 2:36:40 PM
Grip Weed
Grass
Physical
PP: 15
Pow: 80
Acc: 100
10% chance of causing Leech Seed.

Boil
Water
Special
PP: 15
Pow: 80
Acc: 100
30% chance of Burning (So it's pretty much Lava Plume, but water-typed.)

Well that turned out well.

Stampede
Rock
Physical
PP: 10
Pow: 0
Acc: 90
Does 30 damage for every four-legged Pokemon on your team (including user of the attack.)

Spitfire
Fire
Special
PP: 5
Pow: 70
Acc: 100
Deals 4x damage to Rock and double damage to Steel types (so super effective on rocks and 4x effective on steel.)

Radar Antenna
Bug
Support
PP: 40
Pow: -
Acc: -
Raises Accuracy by 1

What a novel concept.

Phase
Ghost
Physical
PP: 15
Pow: 60
Acc: 100
Ignores changes in foe's defense

Good thing Chip Away doesn't exist.

Spiderbite
Bug
Support
PP: 20
Pow: -
Acc: 85
90% chance of paralysis, 10% chance of freezing (only if it hits, so there's a 10% chance of freezing but an 85% chance of the attack hitting at all, so it's 10% of 85% but I'm too tired to do the math.)

Earsplitter
Normal
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Awakens all Pokemon on both teams.

Rainbow Down
Flying
Special
PP: 15
Pow: 70
Acc: 100
15% chance of foe becoming infatuated.

Sure Shot
Normal
Special
PP: 10
Pow: 30
Acc: 100
Priority move that never misses.

Shock Charge
Dragon
Physical
PP: 10
Pow: 100
Acc: 85
Does higher damage the higher the users speed, lowers speed 2 stages.

Wide Spread
Depends on IV's
Physical
PP: 35
Pow: 30-70
Acc: 100
Physical Hidden Power.

Fuse Blower
Electric
Physical
PP: 5
Pow: 130
Acc: 90
Paralyzes user (regardless of whether move actually hits.)

Poison Dart
Poison
Support
PP: 20
Pow: -
Acc: 95
75% chance of regular poison, 25% chance of toxic. Priority move.

Arc Light
Electric
Special
PP: 15
Pow: 140
Acc: 100
100% chance to Paralyze. May only be used while user is Paralyzed and clears status.

Hex
Ghost
Special
PP: 5
Pow: 70
Acc: 100
Casts a hex that strikes the next pokemon to switch in.

Good name, good name.

Solidify
Ice
Support
PP: 15
Pow: -
Acc: -
Raises Defense and Spec. Defense to the max. Freezes user.

Sicken
Poison
Physical
PP: 15
Pow: 20
Acc: 95
Foe is unable to heal itself until it switches out.

Torpedo
Water
Physical
PP: 15
Pow: 90
Acc: 70
If it misses, it will hit next turn.

Live Wire
Electric
Special
PP: 5
Pow: 120
Acc: 90
Raises foe's speed one stage.

Cyclone
Flying
Physical
PP: 15
Pow: 70
Acc: 90
10% chance of knocking away both Pokemon's items.

Mental Block
Psychic
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Prevents foe from raising its stats for 5 turns.

Gale
Flying
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Removes all entry hazards on both sides and starts rain. Rain lasts 1 turn.

Hurricane
Flying
Special
PP: 5
Pow: 120
Accuracy: 100
25% chance of dropping Special Attack 2 levels, 25% chance of dropping Defense and Special defense 1 level each, 25% chance of having 1/3 recoil damage, 5% chance of raising all stats by 1 level, 20% chance of dropping all stats by 1 level. Only one of these effects will happen per use.

Another good name.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#2kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:37:17 PM
Showdown
Fighting
Support
PP: 5
Pow: -
Acc: -
The user focuses the party for battle, makes the party ignore all residual damage for 5 turns.

Fog
Dark
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Makes fog weather for 5 turns. Decreases accuracy for both teams, increases the power of Dark type attacks.

Defog
Flying
Support
PP: 15
Pow: -
Acc: -
Removes any weather affect.

Fertilize
Grass
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Makes the ground fertile for 5 turns. Increases the power of grass type moves. Grass types gain 6% hp while the ground is fertile.

Trap
Dark
Support
PP: 5
Pow: -
Acc: -
The next Pokemon switched in will not be able to switch out (a la mean look.) However, the mean look counter is based on whichever one of your Pokemon is in when the foe's Pokemon switches (so if your Weavile uses Trap on the enemy's Farfetch'd and you then switch to Garchomp and the foe switches to Geodude, the Geodude is stuck until Garchomp leaves despite Weavile being the trapper.)

Sub-Zero
Ice
Support
PP: 5
Pow: -
Acc: -
Makes body so cold that fire cannot breach it. User is immune to fire for 5 turns. There's a 5% chance physical moves will freeze attackers.

Muscle Shield
Normal
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Protects against all Physical Attacks. Can be used twice in a row before chance rate falls.

Mental Shield
Psychic
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Protects against all Special Attacks. Can be used twice in a row before chance rate falls.

Focus Shield
Normal
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Protects against nondamaging moves. Can be used twice in a row before chance rate falls.

Pinpoint Flare
Fire
Special
PP: 20
Pow: -
Acc: 100
Does more damage the lower foe's weight (opposite Low Kick.)

This is just freakily similar to Heat Crash.

Haunt
Ghost
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Summons a spirit to terrify the enemy party. Upon switching in, one random stat of the opponent goes down. If Haunt is used twice, that stat goes down two stages.

Cruelty
Dark
Physical
Pow: 65
Acc: 100
PP: 10
Deals double damage to foes with a status infliction

So Hex does something different, but another move essentially does Hex.

Bonfire
Fire
Support
Pow: -
Acc: -
PP: 5
Leaves a fire by the enemy's team that burns the next Pokemon that switches in (but only that one, not others that follow.) HOWEVER, if a Water Pokemon switches in, it isn't burned and the current Pokemon on the Bonfire-user's team loses 1 stage of accuracy.

Desperation
Fighting
Support
PP: 10
Pow: -
Acc: -
Ups Attack based on how much health is left (1 stage if in green, 2 stages if in yellow, 6 stages if in red, maxes (even if attack is lowered by intimidate or something) if health is 1.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#3kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:40:11 PM(edited)
Solar Flare
Fire
Special
PP: 5
Pow: 60
Acc: 100
The user intensifies the power of the sun's rays, scorching and blinding the foe. Has a 40% chance of reducing the opponent's Accuracy one stage. After the attack, the weather changes to sunny for 3 turns (5 if the user is holding a Heat Rock). If the weather is already sunny, the effect is added on.

Snowstorm
Ice
Special
PP: 5
Pow: 60
Acc: 100
The user whips up a vicious snowstorm to freeze and bury the foe. Has a 40% chance of reducing the opponent's Speed one stage. After the attack, the weather changes to hail for 3 turns (5 if the user is holding an Icy Rock). If the weather is already hail, the effect is added on.

Tempest
--Water
Special
PP: 5
Pow: 60
Acc: 100
The user summons a torrential rainstorm to lash at the foe, lowering their defenses. Has a 40% chance of reducing the opponent's Special Defense one stage. After the attack, the weather changes to rain for 3 turns (5 if the user is holding a Damp Rock). If the weather is already rain, the effect is added on.

Sandblast
Rock
Special
PP: 5
Pow: 60
Acc: 100
The user unleashes a stream of sand to whip at the foe, lowering their defenses. Has a 40% chance of reducing the opponent's Defense one stage. After the attack, the weather changes to sandstorm for 3 turns (5 if the user is holding a Smooth Rock). If the weather is already sandstorm, the effect is added on.

----

Many of the attacks were intentionally gimmicky and not meant to be competitively viable. Others were tailored for the then-current metagame. I was so young.

I mean seriously I was in high school wow.

(Also fun fact you can't say Tempest, Water on GameFAQs without the comma, hence the two dashes.)
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#4reaverzPosted 1/29/2013 3:04:49 PM
They're interesting for sure, particularly the ones with commentary, but your Hurricane... What were you thinking?
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#5InhaledCornPosted 1/29/2013 3:09:17 PM
I like the ideas of Fog, the buffed Defog (seriously, why doesn't it do this already?), and Fertilize. The damaging weather inducing moves are also kinda interesting, but I'd rather their secondary effects just be the weather-changing.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
Currently hooked on Ragnarok Odyssey.
#6kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:42:26 PM
reaverz posted...
They're interesting for sure, particularly the ones with commentary, but your Hurricane... What were you thinking?

Hurricanes are chaotic.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#7kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:55:21 PM(edited)
Notes:

Stampede's 30 attack is base power, not HP damage.

The percentage thing for Spiderbite was probably a bad joke, given I've known that 10% is the easiest calculation to make since like second grade.

Wide Spread should have Hidden Power's PP.

No pokemon should be able to learn both Fuse Blower and Arc Light. Besides through Sketch of course.

Shock Charge is hilariously underpowered.

Torpedo's missed turn damage doesn't mean it's a 2-turn attack. If it misses, you still move next turn, and on top of that Torpedo strikes.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#8reaverzPosted 1/29/2013 3:54:40 PM(edited)
kamikazetomato posted...
reaverz posted...
They're interesting for sure, particularly the ones with commentary, but your Hurricane... What were you thinking?

Hurricanes are chaotic.


Yes, but giving it 120 Power and 100 Accuracy didn't set off a red flag? Moves never have that kind of consistency unless they have a default tradeoff (i.e. Solarbeam's charge turn). Honestly with those effects you gave it, I would expect something like 50 Accuracy for your version of Hurricane.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#9kamikazetomato(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 3:57:17 PM
reaverz posted...
kamikazetomato posted...
reaverz posted...
They're interesting for sure, particularly the ones with commentary, but your Hurricane... What were you thinking?

Hurricanes are chaotic.


Yes, but giving it 120 Power and 100 Accuracy didn't set off a red flag? Moves never have that kind of consistency unless they have a default tradeoff (i.e. Solarbeam's charge turn). Honestly with those effects you gave it, I would expect something like 50 Accuracy for your version of Hurricane.

The "lowers special attack, lowers defenses" thing is for the user by the way.

So it's essentially Close Combat with a 5% chance to be Ancient Power but a 95% chance to harm the user in some way.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#10reaverzPosted 1/29/2013 4:02:27 PM
Oh. Perhaps you should have specified the user, because the default way of reading chance effects is towards the opponent. I guess I can see it being 100% accurate now, if it can debilitate the user that badly...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]