This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some people hate on competitive play?

#91Cpt_CalamityPosted 1/30/2013 7:13:31 PM

what is wrong is casual clothes? or is it that you can't fit into them?

Please tell me you are ESL.

You, on the otherhand, are wrong. Hacking a perfect poke does not make you better than me, and I don't even care if you are better than me. I don't dislike competitive battling, I dislike what it takes to be competitive, as it requires, like i said, endless hours or basic computer knowledge.

Who said I was a competitive battler? Anyways, it takes like 15 minutes to look up Pokemon Showdown on Google, make a team, and battle people. If you can't do something as simple as that, then yeah, competitive battlers are better than you simply because they know how to use Google.
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#92LegendofLink17Posted 1/30/2013 7:16:54 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...

what is wrong is casual clothes? or is it that you can't fit into them?

Please tell me you are ESL.

You, on the otherhand, are wrong. Hacking a perfect poke does not make you better than me, and I don't even care if you are better than me. I don't dislike competitive battling, I dislike what it takes to be competitive, as it requires, like i said, endless hours or basic computer knowledge.

Who said I was a competitive battler? Anyways, it takes like 15 minutes to look up Pokemon Showdown on Google, make a team, and battle people. If you can't do something as simple as that, then yeah, competitive battlers are better than you simply because they know how to use Google.

I've said it multiple times, but i'll repeat myself. I enjoy the catching , breeding, training, and trading, and how that all fits into battling. Battling on its own is completely boring and pointless to me
#93Cpt_CalamityPosted 1/30/2013 7:19:20 PM
Then you enjoy less things than competitive battlers, and therefore they are better because they are living life to its fullest.
---
"I'm Batman" ~ Batman
#94LegendofLink17Posted 1/30/2013 7:22:07 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...
Then you enjoy less things than competitive battlers, and therefore they are better because they are living life to its fullest.

Haha okay. And with that I'm out =)
#95GallantChaddymnPosted 1/30/2013 7:34:51 PM
Because, it makes pokemon less of a natual experience and more of a chore or sport rather than a game?
I play competitively too, but if it werent for PS, i wouldnt bother.>.>
I play normally on my actuall carts =P
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#96overmaxxPosted 1/30/2013 7:41:39 PM
GallantChaddymn posted...
Because, it makes pokemon less of a natual experience and more of a chore or sport rather than a game?

Thank Arceus for simulators, because otherwise I wouldn't touch competitive Pokemon.

I just wish that all competitive players would leave wi-fi so it stays a clean environment for the casual players, instead of a hacking ground that dumbs down the game to a clunkier battle simulator.

Once in a blue moon, I get awesome matches in Random Wi-fi, people playing with really underpowered Pokemon, yet demolishing me or giving a huge challenge with clever tactics , resulting in amazing matches. Later, I check the guy's record in the Avenue, and it shows he apparently actually breeds his Pokemon (with the history thing), people like this are becoming hard to find.

Of course, 9 out of 10 times I'll get the same copypasted Gen'd team, and most of the time these guys will disconnect if I win... I guess it must hurt badly to have your Gen'd "perfect" copypasted team shut down by my hand-trained Galvantula or Froslass.
#97GallantChaddymnPosted 1/30/2013 7:45:16 PM
its a game that isn't made to be balanced...but to make sense with each individual pokemon and or move they learn or abilitiy they have etc... xP
Basically, forcing it to be fair when it blatantly isn't is going to complicate things and you are bound to have people who dont like certains "unbalances". ._.
---
#98GallantChaddymnPosted 1/30/2013 7:51:54 PM(edited)
overmaxx posted...
GallantChaddymn posted...

Thank Arceus for simulators, because otherwise I wouldn't touch competitive Pokemon.

I just wish that all competitive players would leave wi-fi so it stays a clean environment for the casual players, instead of a hacking ground that dumbs down the game to a clunkier battle simulator.

Once in a blue moon, I get awesome matches in Random Wi-fi, people playing with really underpowered Pokemon, yet demolishing me or giving a huge challenge with clever tactics , resulting in amazing matches. Later, I check the guy's record in the Avenue, and it shows he apparently actually breeds his Pokemon (with the history thing), people like this are becoming hard to find.

Of course, 9 out of 10 times I'll get the same copypasted Gen'd team, and most of the time these guys will disconnect if I win... I guess it must hurt badly to have your Gen'd "perfect" copypasted team shut down by my hand-trained Galvantula or Froslass.

I agree completely!!
EPIC BROFIST!!!! =D
---
#99GiftedACIIIPosted 1/30/2013 8:13:32 PM
Cpt_Calamity posted...

Yes this, the main focus of the games 2nd to collecting (which is either pay for other versions, trade with multiple people, or extreme luck for events or swarms) is battling. The basic mechanics of the game is to battle. Even ingame what you're doing is squashing NPCs. Difference is competitive players actually fight real humans and not the dumb AI
#100TenzhiPosted 1/30/2013 9:51:48 PM
The problem with this sort of competitive play is that it always ends in tiers.
---
Often, when you try too hard to act superior, the opposite occurs.