This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We Need A Female Rival

#1MesmerilPosted 1/29/2013 5:33:32 PM
So far, we've had only Bianca who doesn't really count as one because she is a ditz. Then, we have May/Sapphire who isn't really counted as one unless you pick a guy, but even then, she is still not a good rival.

I want a rival who players WANT to defeat in a battle instead of ridicule (Bianca) or isn't much of a rival (Hugh). We've had Blue/Gary, Silver, Barry/Pearl, Cheren, and Hugh. While the female ones aren't really considered as "rivals" and R/S/E rivals are just changeable.

I'm okay with the two or more rival thing as long as there is at least ONE female who is good at battling. There are a lot in the anime/manga.

What do you think?
#2WilhuffTarkinPosted 1/29/2013 5:35:28 PM
I don't necessarily mind about gender either way, I'd just like to see a rival who feels like more of a rival than 1) a friend who you happen to battle several times or 2) someone who is just a jerk.

I'm trying to think of an example that might explain what I mean, and what's coming to mind is Kenshin and Saito in Rurouni Kenshin.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#3Nerwrax15Posted 1/29/2013 5:35:47 PM
I think Tsundere who is suprisingly strong
---
NaughtyGhost, my fav person on gamefaqs. Props+forever=http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/may.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nerwrax15
#4NaughtyGhostPosted 1/29/2013 5:36:45 PM
I want one that's a tsundere love interest for the player.

Every time you beat her, she just knocks you out and you wake up in the nearest Pokemon center. She calls you trash, makes fun of your Pokemon and tells you she was going easy on you even if you win.
---
Do not censor my voice, or soften my unit.
They must remain loud and rigid, respectively.
#5Mesmeril(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:42:12 PM
WilhuffTarkin posted...
I don't necessarily mind about gender either way, I'd just like to see a rival who feels like more of a rival than 1) a friend who you happen to battle several times or 2) someone who is just a jerk.

I'm trying to think of an example that might explain what I mean, and what's coming to mind is Kenshin and Saito in Rurouni Kenshin.

Yes. We haven't had any "rival" that feels like a rival, like you said. I think the most closest I can say is probably is Cheren. He doesn't act like a jerk, but feels he needs to get better than you.

I don't know about tsundere. I just want one who is likable, but also someone you want to defeat. Bianca on the other hand...I got annoyed whenever she appeared.

Wouldn't it be interesting if you had multiple rivals that you meet throughout your journey and they made the Pokemon league so that you had to battle through them like in the anime?
#6scrappybristolPosted 1/29/2013 7:16:50 PM
Tsundere pls.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#7RuwalkPosted 1/29/2013 7:28:52 PM
I just want a rival with some depth to them. We've had a few before but...Hugh in the most recent game is a huge let down. And his backstory had a lot of potential to be that rival you wanna smash yet also feel sorry for.

Instead all we get is "I'M UNLEASHING MY RAGE! >O " and "Help me out pal! Ok, baaaaiii!"
#8FafnirIIPosted 1/29/2013 7:29:28 PM
<.<
#9w00t1996Posted 1/29/2013 7:43:46 PM
I've been saying this since Gen III the rival needs to be your sibling who has different ideals than you kind of like Silver. It would make things a lot more personal.
#10CamperFTWPosted 1/29/2013 7:43:52 PM
@FafnirII Great response!

@TC, I do. I hope we get a female rival that actually gives off that rival feel. And yeah, I wouldn't mind a tsundere also.
---
"Kaiouken x100 + Bankai Moe Moe Kyun Just As Planned No Jutsu!"... I won again.
~The Official Shiny Glaceon In The Pokemon BW2 Board~