This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate 5th gen.

#21Coop14Posted 1/30/2013 8:44:02 AM
Every gen was awesome Except 4.
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#22SUGARASHADPosted 1/30/2013 8:45:46 AM
i love how people say that people that hate on 5th gen are kids etc.. yet then they go and hate on 4th gen.. neckbeard irony
---
http://www.mmafightgirls.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/rashad-evans.jpg
#23RomeoMinolaPosted 1/30/2013 8:46:15 AM
Coop14 posted...
Every gen was awesome Except 4.
#24InhaledCornPosted 1/30/2013 9:03:27 AM
I liked Gen V because they're really starting to understand what we think makes a Pokemon good.

Sometimes, too good, but they're really starting to understand the competitive aspects of the game and trying to make a lot more Pokemon competitively viable. Remember we got a huge "power creep" in this gen, but that's because Gen IV's metagame was so well fleshed out after having been around for a while.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
Currently hooked on Ragnarok Odyssey.
#25the_cajun88Posted 1/30/2013 9:13:11 AM
People complain about every gen.

Remember when Hoenn was the worst thing to ever happen to Pokemon? Everyone wants remakes now.

Remember when everyone complained about the Sinnoh gen? Surfing speed too slow, Pokemon aren't interesting, etc. It will be as revered as Gen III is now and they will want remakes of it, too.

Same thing with Gen V. The same thing will happen when Pokemon X/Y come out.
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#26PinxedPosted 1/30/2013 9:23:16 AM
KrisAllen posted...
"Gen V did not deliver Hoenn remakes, therefore it is an abomination!" - Hoenn Babies everywhere

I have not seen this at all.
---
Hobbits are Tolkien minorities.
Official Weavile of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
#27TehTrumpCardPosted 1/30/2013 9:23:27 AM
ZackeCorvus posted...
Anyway, they aren't like the original god pokemon games.

This and every generation was fun except Generation III.
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing...
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#28CakeOfLiesPosted 1/30/2013 9:32:23 AM
the_cajun88 posted...
People complain about every gen.

Remember when Hoenn was the worst thing to ever happen to Pokemon? Everyone wants remakes now.

Remember when everyone complained about the Sinnoh gen? Surfing speed too slow, Pokemon aren't interesting, etc. It will be as revered as Gen III is now and they will want remakes of it, too.

Same thing with Gen V. The same thing will happen when Pokemon X/Y come out.

It's like the Zelda Cycle, but a little different.
The Zelda Cycle dictates that you MUST hate the new Zelda that comes out, then the previous one wasn't so bad, the one before it is a masterpiece, then the one before THAT is overrated. Finally, every game before that is a timeless classic.

The Pokecycle goes like this:
New gen get praised.
Previous gen gets hated.
Gen before that gets loved.
Gen before that is the best.

Not everybody is effected by either Cycle though.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#29Balthor 2001Posted 1/30/2013 9:35:04 AM
I can't say I hate it but I certainly didn't like it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. The story to me is just dull, the forced online for berry growing ticks me off, and I find the lack of good training areas annoying. Shame, as I like pretty much everything else.
---
Pi is awesome, Pi is great, Pi does not end, pie for everyone!
Official Drill Arm of the Kid Icarus Uprising Board
#30DarthLaharlPosted 1/30/2013 9:38:43 AM
KrisAllen posted...
"Gen V did not deliver Hoenn remakes, therefore it is an abomination!" - Hoenn Babies everywhere

Most people who liked Gen 3 also enjoyed Gen 5. Infact a lot of people who list Gen 3 s their favorite usually list Gen 5 as their second favorite. The only abomination in the entire series is Gen 2. Nice try though.
---
---
PSN: Unretributed