This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people hate 5th gen.

#31King-gamerPosted 1/30/2013 9:44:35 AM
RomeoMinola posted...
Coop14 posted...
Every gen was awesome Except 4.

---
This is a sig. Yup.
#32OhHeyltsYouPosted 1/30/2013 9:46:32 AM
Why do people hate Gen. 5? Because nostalgia.

Whether people wanna believe it or not. The Pokemon games get better with each installment. Gen. 5 is the best right now. Gen. 6 will be the best when that comes out.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#33Dark_Link92Posted 1/30/2013 10:09:02 AM
It's my favourite gen, and I've been playing since Red and Blue.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#34CM_PLUNGEPosted 1/30/2013 10:10:07 AM
Best gen since Johto, nothing to whine about.
#35pokemonfreak97Posted 1/30/2013 10:13:45 AM
KrisAllen posted...
"Gen V did not deliver Hoenn remakes, therefore it is an abomination!" - Hoenn Babies everywhere

If you define a "Hoenn Baby" as anyone who grew up during with R/S as their first Pokemon game, then we don't all hate Gen V or have Hoenn remakes as our first priority. I loved Gen V and am anticipating Gen VI, and my first Pokémon game was Sapphire. Sorry for breaking your stereotype

--Pokémon Freak 97
---
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
Official Pokemon #678 of the Pokemon X boards. What?
#36JawbonePosted 1/30/2013 10:14:08 AM
Gen 5 was wonderful, and it was a wonderful experience. But there was something that killed it for me.

Having to start over.

I was well aware of the fact that my gen 4 teams were pretty much obsolete, but when I couldn't bring over my items, that killed it. So much of my time went into battle tower and getting all of my items, and then all of a sudden, I had to do that all over again. I didn't have the time to invest in doing that anymore, so I had to drop 5th gen. On another note, I loved pretty much all of the new pokemon, but the power creep was ridiculous.
---
Death: It's what you get for living.
#37Aqua69696Posted 1/30/2013 10:17:02 AM
"It was a reboot"

Now I thought Gen V was decent, but this is a flaw if ever saw one. Screw tradition, we have enough birds, rodent/mammals, water/fire/grass starters, 8 Gyms then Elite 4. I want something new and fresh, who was ever excited about even rattata, let alone rattata 5:Rat harder.

I also personally MUCH prefer when a pokemon game contains as much pokemon from previous gens as it an in the story. I like being able to make a team of the pokemon I like to do the gyms with, not a team out of the pokemon I happen to find.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#38AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/30/2013 10:20:06 AM
I loved Gen 5 better than Gen 3
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#39Dark_Link92Posted 1/30/2013 10:27:50 AM
Jawbone posted...
Gen 5 was wonderful, and it was a wonderful experience. But there was something that killed it for me.

Having to start over.

I was well aware of the fact that my gen 4 teams were pretty much obsolete, but when I couldn't bring over my items, that killed it. So much of my time went into battle tower and getting all of my items, and then all of a sudden, I had to do that all over again. I didn't have the time to invest in doing that anymore, so I had to drop 5th gen. On another note, I loved pretty much all of the new pokemon, but the power creep was ridiculous.

Seems like a poor reason to drop a whole gen. Battle Subway really isn't that slow.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#40NomytakerPosted 1/30/2013 10:28:08 AM
"It's new. I hate Change. Everything's ugly!" Fifth Gen Haters.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum