This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buffs to really CRAPPY Moves!!! So Certain Pokemon can become more COMpetitive!

#31bobstevens23123Posted 1/30/2013 7:29:31 PM
really like the sport changes. Gives rapid spin a buff as well
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#32DarkBlueAntPosted 1/30/2013 7:44:13 PM
xyzlactic posted...
8)Pin missle- BP becomes 25 insted of 14.

Pin Missle being that strong would make Sniper Beedrill fearsome. A single Crit with STAB would be a 112 BP move... and he gets up to 5 chances for it. Combine that with Focus Energy and Beedrill would be monstrous.
#33ClassyOldHatPosted 1/30/2013 9:33:25 PM
Lexifox posted...
I'm just tagging this to see how many people try to buff a move that's meh in singles, but noteworthy in doubles/triples.

Look, I know you're trying to to promote battling diversity/the glorious triple battling master race, but is it really so much to ask that doubles moves have SOME use in singles? As I mentioned earlier in this topic, virtually all the in-game level grinding opportunities are single battles, meaning that if you have a move that only works in doubles, it's dead weight when you're training.

So this isn't completely restating something I've said before: Make Quash learn-able by more Pranksters, or Pokemon with something resembling a passable speed stat. Or give it priority.
#34MegaMage3003Posted 1/30/2013 10:26:27 PM
Gastroid posted...
If Egg Bomb were to be special, then so would Seed Bomb, and I doubt many people would want to see that as being special. As far as I can tell, direct explosive moves like that tend to be physical.

And yet Sludge Bomb is Special...
#35xyzlactic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:29:02 AM
JacK_1S_BK posted...
xyzlactic posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
How does Rapid Spin breaking Telekinesis make sense though?

its a game dude. nothing needs to make sense for the sole purpose of making something viable.

Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock and Leech Seed being countered by a Pokemon spinning rapidly makes sense. Your buff doesn't make sense.

And using a wailord, steelix, Rayquaza, Kyogre, insert giant pokemon in a subway makes sense? or better yet flood the arena with surf and destroy the field with earthquake, yet everyone is okay and unaffected? if your going to base things to make sense, then please explain to me how the things i just said make any sense at all?
#36zerokidPosted 1/31/2013 6:43:33 AM
Best thing that doesn't make any sense:

The only genderless Pokemon that can learn Attract are Mew and Cryogonal. Mew can learn every TM in the game, so it's excused.

Cryogonal is an odd case, since using Attract only works on the opposite gender. If the user of Attract has no gender, the move will always fail.
---
Official [nobody cares] of the [your favourite game here] board.
#37JacK_1S_BKPosted 1/31/2013 3:55:32 PM
xyzlactic posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
xyzlactic posted...
JacK_1S_BK posted...
How does Rapid Spin breaking Telekinesis make sense though?

its a game dude. nothing needs to make sense for the sole purpose of making something viable.

Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock and Leech Seed being countered by a Pokemon spinning rapidly makes sense. Your buff doesn't make sense.

And using a wailord, steelix, Rayquaza, Kyogre, insert giant pokemon in a subway makes sense? or better yet flood the arena with surf and destroy the field with earthquake, yet everyone is okay and unaffected? if your going to base things to make sense, then please explain to me how the things i just said make any sense at all?

My argument was never about the games proportions. It did however venture into the realm battle logic. Your buff does not make sense.
---
BACK
Jack has done nothing but...acts all innocent and... he honestly thought he was being helpful...~~HylianWarrior
#38Czar_YoshiPosted 2/1/2013 1:17:55 AM
xyzlactic posted...
Faust_8 posted...
I still don't see why Porgyon Z wouldn't become Uber if it gets a mini-Shell Smash while having 135 Sp.Att and 90 Speed.

Boost those two stats once with one move and it could really sweep. Boost twice and it's unstoppable.

because Cloyster, Volcarona, Haxorous, Dragonite, etc are totally UBER cause of thier own stat boosting moves XP

Haxorus has a derpy movepool and the rest of those are weak to stealth rock. And let's not forget that Salamence and Garchomp were Uber for a time.
---
"it's that game that is so great it makes you want to destroy your Toilet." -Throwback2780
#39xyzlactic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:27:22 AM
Czar_Yoshi posted...
xyzlactic posted...
Faust_8 posted...
I still don't see why Porgyon Z wouldn't become Uber if it gets a mini-Shell Smash while having 135 Sp.Att and 90 Speed.

Boost those two stats once with one move and it could really sweep. Boost twice and it's unstoppable.

because Cloyster, Volcarona, Haxorous, Dragonite, etc are totally UBER cause of thier own stat boosting moves XP

Haxorus has a derpy movepool and the rest of those are weak to stealth rock. And let's not forget that Salamence and Garchomp were Uber for a time.

thank goodness garchomp didnt get dragon dance lol
---
Gay Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards.