This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

lol at anyone who says the anime used to be good

#1ashcrvPosted 1/30/2013 3:05:06 AM
It was the same. You were just a kid so you loved it. lol at you
And the voices might have been different in the dub but that means nothing when Ash sounds like a 50 year old woman when he's a 10 year old boy.
And you say there was story or Ash was smarter or his older pokemons were badass? lol no. He sucked and they sucked and the "story" was never really there.
And he was still forever 10 even back then. I'm sure he didn't just travel all around Kanto and Johto in a month.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#2LightningHawk90Posted 1/30/2013 3:05:59 AM
Whats the point of this topic?
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#3lazycomplifePosted 1/30/2013 3:08:46 AM
The anime was better than the trash they make now. It had heartwarming values rather than just pokemon attacking eachother.
---
Wow really
Official Swinub of Pokemon X and Y boards
#4NateRose89Posted 1/30/2013 3:15:15 AM
Get down off your throne you high and mighty king of the internet. I recently watched the older episodes and then watched some of the newer ones and they were far better. I know you have an opinion, unfortunately it's a terrible one.
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#5King-gamerPosted 1/30/2013 3:25:25 AM
The writers ran out of ideas by the time johto came. When Johto champion started it was the most repetitive thing I've ever watched. Master Quest is the most godawful thing ever I had to stop.

The first season had some original ideas, I loved Bye Bye Butterfree, Ghost of Maiden's Peak, SS Anne, Pokemopolis, Tentacool and Tentacruel, Go West Young Meowth and Holy Matrimony.

And I kinda liked Chikorita's Rescue from Johto Journeys.

After that it was just blahhhh....
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#6MilenninPosted 1/30/2013 3:57:37 AM
I recently watched some of the old episodes, and it still bored me to tears, just as it did years ago. Haven't watched anything of the new anime, but it would have to suck real badly to be worse than the old stuff.
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#7Sinful_LifePosted 1/30/2013 5:38:23 AM(edited)
I enjoy the show...when i was younger and now as an adult.

im watching the new ones with my wife and we both highly enjoy it. i went and re watched the old ones and realize, even tho I enjoyed it...it was all the same....

i really see no debate on which is better...it's the same story.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
#8LexifoxPosted 1/30/2013 5:39:48 AM
I think that the Kanto episodes were generally good, but you could tell that they were experimenting with a lot of things, and other times they were just pulling stuff out their ass to justify the story they wanted to tell.

Orange League, for all the hate it gets, was pretty solid.

Johto started out with promise, but quickly devolved into formulaic episodes and endless filler while we all waited for Ash to get to the next gym in time for the Namek League. The actual league itself was fantastic, though.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9King-gamerPosted 1/30/2013 6:14:46 AM
Lexifox posted...
I think that the Kanto episodes were generally good, but you could tell that they were experimenting with a lot of things, and other times they were just pulling stuff out their ass to justify the story they wanted to tell.

Orange League, for all the hate it gets, was pretty solid.

Johto started out with promise, but quickly devolved into formulaic episodes and endless filler while we all waited for Ash to get to the next gym in time for the Namek League. The actual league itself was fantastic, though.

Yes, this is exactly how I felt. I mean obviously the Pokemon anime isn't anything amazing. Digimon's anime was leaps and bounds better than Pokemon, even season 1, but at least it was still better that what ended up in later seasons where it's basic plot can be summarized like this:

Meet new Pokemon>Team rocket tries to steal it> Pikachu sends them blasting off again> Repeat.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#10ashcrv(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:27:33 AM
So in other words it was only good because it was new at the time. Doesn't hide the fact that it was still the same as it is today. Repetitive and boring.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!