This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Compared to Pokemon, why are Digimon sales crap?

#21Callista08Posted 1/30/2013 8:31:41 AM
Because Digimon games are confusing as all hell, hard to play, and doesn't have as much merchandise support.

I love Digimon, however their aren't any games available for the systems I own. And no anime on any channel that I subscribe to. Aside from that all the changes to methods of Digivolution have made it incredibly hard to follow.

I love the days of simple, digivolution, crest, warp, and armor. Pretty simple. DNA was pretty awesome, everything after that is.... well dumb.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653-9864-6035
Pokemon White FC: 4641-8614-2897 (5th Gen Edits only)
#22arvilinoPosted 1/30/2013 8:32:31 AM
Shadow_StarWolf posted...
Games generally.

I'm pretty sure Pokemon came out first.

lol no

Digivices came out earlier, as well as its originator, Tamagotchi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Green
"They were first released in Japan in 1996 as Red and Green, with Blue being released later in the year as a special edition"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Monster_%28virtual_pet%29
"The Digital Monster was a virtual pet released in 1997 by Bandai"
#23OhHeyltsYouPosted 1/30/2013 8:44:49 AM
Because Pokemon came first.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#24Holy_OblivionPosted 1/30/2013 8:50:30 AM
All digimon games suck?????? Have you people never played the DS world games? I dare say they are better than any pokemon game. And this is coming from a pokemon fanatic.
---
THIS HORN OF MINE IS BURNING RED! ITS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! MY AMMO, MY STAKE AND ALL OF MY CLAYMORE! ERUPTING TRUMP CARD!
#25flashfangPosted 1/30/2013 8:56:45 AM
Holy_Oblivion posted...
All digimon games suck?????? Have you people never played the DS world games? I dare say they are better than any pokemon game. And this is coming from a pokemon fanatic.

This. I mean Digimon World Dawn and Dusk were really good in my opinion. Certainly on par with Pokemon.
#26Shadow_StarWolfPosted 1/30/2013 9:00:01 AM
"The Digital Monster was a virtual pet released in 1997 by Bandai"

I was considering its predecessor Tamagotchi.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
#27faruwayPosted 1/30/2013 9:51:03 AM(edited)
Playing Digimon Adventure PSP now since that game was released on Dec last month because it's the 15th Anniversary.

And I had to admit, this game is Bandai's greatest work EVER!

Also, they nailed the digivolution animation similar to the anime and the best part, excluding Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon, we get to see those 6 other rookie digimon Mega levels warp digivolutions!
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#28BlueMage02Posted 1/30/2013 9:37:12 AM
Surprised by the lack of Digimon Rumble Arena and only one mention of Digimon Digital Card battle. Those games were godlike.
And it seems like i'm the only person that loved DW 2 and 3 and did not care much for 1. >_>
---
PSN:BlueXMage XBL:jfellipe
UMVC3: Ghost Rider/Morrigan/Phoenix
#29KingTumbleweedPosted 1/30/2013 9:43:52 AM
flashfang posted...
Holy_Oblivion posted...

This. I mean Digimon World Dawn and Dusk were really good in my opinion. Certainly on par with Pokemon.

I'd say the problem with Dawn/Dusk is the huge amount of grinding you had to do to get a team right for you. It was confusing as he'll to get around, digi-converting was a chore after a while and there were little challenges after the Gaia Origin. I have a full team of max levels on that game and I actually have no way to show off for it. It could use a Battle Frontier structure IMO. Also, the game is riddled with features that are useless, seriously, why is there a computer for digivolving/converting and then one for moving them into your team? You can digivolve from the field!

Digimon games just need a check up, they have potential but lack a bit of effort.
---
<('__'< ) <( '__' )> ( >'__')> ^( '__' ^) (^ '__')^ ^( ' o ' )^
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#30Holy_OblivionPosted 1/30/2013 9:50:35 AM
BlueMage02 posted...
Surprised by the lack of Digimon Rumble Arena and only one mention of Digimon Digital Card battle. Those games were godlike.
And it seems like i'm the only person that loved DW 2 and 3 and did not care much for 1. >_>

World 2 was my ****
---
THIS HORN OF MINE IS BURNING RED! ITS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! MY AMMO, MY STAKE AND ALL OF MY CLAYMORE! ERUPTING TRUMP CARD!