This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Least creative Pokemon Designs

#11SettaWorldTeethPosted 1/30/2013 9:13:52 AM
There's a difference between bad and uncreative. Gen 1 has a few uncreative designs (mostly evos) but they still look decent while Gen 4 and 5 have far more complex but often ugly designs. Gen 2 and 3 are in the middle of the road and are imo the best.

With all that sad, I guess I'll vote Gen 1.
---
PSN:Some_randm_freak
#12CakeOfLiesPosted 1/30/2013 9:15:54 AM
SettaWorldTeeth posted...
There's a difference between bad and uncreative. Gen 1 has a few uncreative designs (mostly evos) but they still look decent while Gen 4 and 5 have far more complex but often ugly designs. Gen 2 and 3 are in the middle of the road and are imo the best.

My thoughts exactly.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg
#13YochodoPosted 1/30/2013 9:34:33 AM
Gen 4, no excuse for some of those evolutions
---
"wow street lights and benches. if those don't make it a sequel than i don't know what will" - G-Scythe
#14Mirror_AuraPosted 1/30/2013 9:36:42 AM
Generation 4, of course. "god pokemon" is the stupidest idea ever.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#15King-gamerPosted 1/30/2013 9:40:40 AM
SUGARASHAD posted...
King-gamer posted...
Any answer other than 4 is wrong.

lol other then Lake Trio the are all at least creative you can't say that about 5th gen

Nah gen 5 has more original Pokemon. Gen 4 has more rehashed stuff.

Magneton evo, magmar evo, electabuzz evo, rhydon evo, lickitung evo, gligar evo, snorlax pre-evo, dusclops evo. Yup very creative.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#16EnferolunosPosted 1/30/2013 9:40:53 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
SettaWorldTeeth posted...

My thoughts exactly.

Yep. I think Kricketune (sp?), Wormadam, Spiritomb, Snover and Probopass are ugly as sin, but are pretty creative in design/concept. My favorite pokemon from gen 1, Lapras, is just the loch ness monster with a shell. Gen 1 had some good designs, but not that much creativity.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#17MaurithPosted 1/30/2013 10:22:58 AM(edited)
Gen 4.

I knew everyone would be saying Gen 1.

Okay, you've got your Grimers, your Voltorbs, your Seels, Digletts and Manemites.
Think about these ones: both Nidoran lines. They have rough similarities to some real creatures, but are really quite unique. You don't really see any original monsters anymore - most everything resembles an existing animal / object / etc, excluding legendaries.
Onix. Looks simple, but a rock snake? Nowadays they'd just make a snake that closer fits a conventional view of a snake like Grass. It's a snake, but with a unique twist.
Slowpoke and Slowbro. Mildly hippo-like but pretty unique. With Psychic powers? A Shellder clamped on its tail? Again, has quite a degree of originality.
Abra line, Jigglypuff line, Clefairy line, the Hitmons: being based on styles of fighting rather than an identifiable creature / whatever.
Fat, hypnotic tapirs. Psychic coconut trees. Unidentifiable, dinosaur-like creature wearing and using bones. Electabuzz. Magmar.

I think people got a bit too carried away using Gen 1 as a defense against people who said Gen 5 was crap and running out of ideas, that they forget to look at the ones that ARE creative. Every gen has some creative ones, and some simplistic ones. I feel Gen 4 is the most simplistic - and that most original creations (i.e. legendaries) are a bit ugly.

Gen 2. A relatively small elephant that rolls into a ball at high speed? Uncreative my butt.
Togepi / tic. Xatu. A tsuchinoko Pokémon. Wobbuffet. Skarmory. Sneasel. Shouldn't have to explain these.

Gen 3 is flavour of the year, and thus god's gift to man, so no point going here.

Gen 4. A lot of previous gen evolved forms. Those that aren't are mostly quite straightforward designs. There are still some good unique ones however. Bronzor/zong, Spiritomb, Torterra off the top of my head.
---
Official Sawsbuck of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]
#18SirPiercePosted 1/30/2013 10:25:10 AM
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs.

Really wish more people viewed it this way.
---
NNID - Aerontar.
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.
#19pokemonfreak97Posted 1/30/2013 10:32:51 AM
SirPierce posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs.

---
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
Official Pokemon #678 of the Pokemon X boards. What?
#20ArcvalonsPosted 1/30/2013 10:35:17 AM
Arceus looks awesome.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.