This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Least creative Pokemon Designs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Least creative Pokemon Designs

User Info: SettaWorldTeeth

SettaWorldTeeth
3 years ago#11
There's a difference between bad and uncreative. Gen 1 has a few uncreative designs (mostly evos) but they still look decent while Gen 4 and 5 have far more complex but often ugly designs. Gen 2 and 3 are in the middle of the road and are imo the best.

With all that sad, I guess I'll vote Gen 1.
PSN:Some_randm_freak

User Info: CakeOfLies

CakeOfLies
3 years ago#12
SettaWorldTeeth posted...
There's a difference between bad and uncreative. Gen 1 has a few uncreative designs (mostly evos) but they still look decent while Gen 4 and 5 have far more complex but often ugly designs. Gen 2 and 3 are in the middle of the road and are imo the best.

My thoughts exactly.
https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/8/11/wXLYp87DiE2C6xnGXLS7BA2.jpg

User Info: Yochodo

Yochodo
3 years ago#13
Gen 4, no excuse for some of those evolutions
"wow street lights and benches. if those don't make it a sequel than i don't know what will" - G-Scythe

User Info: Mirror_Aura

Mirror_Aura
3 years ago#14
Generation 4, of course. "god pokemon" is the stupidest idea ever.
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.

User Info: King-gamer

King-gamer
3 years ago#15
SUGARASHAD posted...
King-gamer posted...
Any answer other than 4 is wrong.

lol other then Lake Trio the are all at least creative you can't say that about 5th gen

Nah gen 5 has more original Pokemon. Gen 4 has more rehashed stuff.

Magneton evo, magmar evo, electabuzz evo, rhydon evo, lickitung evo, gligar evo, snorlax pre-evo, dusclops evo. Yup very creative.
This is a sig. Yup.

User Info: Enferolunos

Enferolunos
3 years ago#16
CakeOfLies posted...
SettaWorldTeeth posted...

My thoughts exactly.

Yep. I think Kricketune (sp?), Wormadam, Spiritomb, Snover and Probopass are ugly as sin, but are pretty creative in design/concept. My favorite pokemon from gen 1, Lapras, is just the loch ness monster with a shell. Gen 1 had some good designs, but not that much creativity.
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you

User Info: Maurith

Maurith
3 years ago#17
Gen 4.

I knew everyone would be saying Gen 1.

Okay, you've got your Grimers, your Voltorbs, your Seels, Digletts and Manemites.
Think about these ones: both Nidoran lines. They have rough similarities to some real creatures, but are really quite unique. You don't really see any original monsters anymore - most everything resembles an existing animal / object / etc, excluding legendaries.
Onix. Looks simple, but a rock snake? Nowadays they'd just make a snake that closer fits a conventional view of a snake like Grass. It's a snake, but with a unique twist.
Slowpoke and Slowbro. Mildly hippo-like but pretty unique. With Psychic powers? A Shellder clamped on its tail? Again, has quite a degree of originality.
Abra line, Jigglypuff line, Clefairy line, the Hitmons: being based on styles of fighting rather than an identifiable creature / whatever.
Fat, hypnotic tapirs. Psychic coconut trees. Unidentifiable, dinosaur-like creature wearing and using bones. Electabuzz. Magmar.

I think people got a bit too carried away using Gen 1 as a defense against people who said Gen 5 was crap and running out of ideas, that they forget to look at the ones that ARE creative. Every gen has some creative ones, and some simplistic ones. I feel Gen 4 is the most simplistic - and that most original creations (i.e. legendaries) are a bit ugly.

Gen 2. A relatively small elephant that rolls into a ball at high speed? Uncreative my butt.
Togepi / tic. Xatu. A tsuchinoko Pokémon. Wobbuffet. Skarmory. Sneasel. Shouldn't have to explain these.

Gen 3 is flavour of the year, and thus god's gift to man, so no point going here.

Gen 4. A lot of previous gen evolved forms. Those that aren't are mostly quite straightforward designs. There are still some good unique ones however. Bronzor/zong, Spiritomb, Torterra off the top of my head.
Official Sawsbuck of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]

User Info: SirPierce

SirPierce
3 years ago#18
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs.

Really wish more people viewed it this way.
NNID - Aerontar.
Currently Awaiting...SSBU, SSB3DS, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X, Pokemon Y and Watch Dogs.

User Info: pokemonfreak97

pokemonfreak97
3 years ago#19
SirPierce posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs.
Gen VI in 2013? I'll believe that when Iris becomes Champion!
Official Pokemon #678 of the Pokemon X boards. What?

User Info: Arcvalons

Arcvalons
3 years ago#20
Arceus looks awesome.
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Least creative Pokemon Designs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived