This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Least creative Pokemon Designs

#21adismaltheftPosted 1/30/2013 10:40:30 AM
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs.

---
I think never is enough.
Gamertag: Icecold229
#22AuroraSonicBeamPosted 1/30/2013 10:42:05 AM
adismaltheft posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs. But in my opinion gen 5 had the worse.

---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#23MasterAdeptAlexPosted 1/30/2013 10:43:41 AM
adismaltheft posted...
scrappybristol posted...

---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#24SpoinkRulezzPosted 1/30/2013 4:43:04 PM
I guess 4. Some of them are good, but especially a lot of the evolutions of older pokemon are not only ugly, but uncreative as well. Also, the fact that so many of the new pokemon were evolutions of older pokemon is quite uncreative, as they had something they already created to base the design on.

Gen 5 was mostly quite creative. Few truly generic pokemon, but they are there. Some of the ideas are maybe weird, but some concepts are great imo, like Pawniard and Bisharp being based on chess pieces, very creative. Pokemon like Scrafty and Darmanitan are great as well.

But it's true what the above posters say: every gen has creative and uncreative pokemon. So the question is, should creativity be based on concepts or design? Because concepts eventually become more difficult to come up with (which is why things like ice cream cones and trash bags are used), but the actual design of the pokemon can still be creative.
#25GiftedACIIIPosted 1/30/2013 4:50:15 PM
scrappybristol posted...

This.

Also love the hypocrisy of the non-competitive players in saying they should enjoy whatever they want to play but then go on bashing gens for such subjective garbage like designs.

Who cares, you're playing a children's game. Get over yourself
#26FoxFluffPosted 1/30/2013 4:57:29 PM
SirPierce posted...
scrappybristol posted...

and

SettaWorldTeeth posted...
There's a difference between bad and uncreative.

-
Nature is a pretty good designer, therefore I like a lot of Gen 1 designs. "creative" also has a degree of subjectivity, and you also have to consider pure aesthetics vs. concept, or both.
---
boop
#27gladwyn101Posted 1/30/2013 6:06:35 PM
Gen V is the worst when you look at:
Woobat (which rhymes with Zubat, so that's a lazy name)

Roggenrola (which is essentially a faceless Geodude clone)

Patrat, which is almost the same as Sentret (a rodent that keeps watch for danger)

the ugly*** Timburr and evolutions

Sawk and Throh, which are basically Hitmon-wannabes

Cottonee (lazy name)

Gothita and evolutions (we already have Jynx for creepy female Pokemon)

the awful pun of Foongus Amoonguss,

Klink and Evolutions are just lazy and BORING BORING BORRRINGGG!!!!

Vullaby has got to be the least appealing Pokemon of gen v. Yeah, that's what the fans want, a vulture wearing eggshell diaper.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#28overmaxxPosted 1/30/2013 6:08:35 PM
Well, in a generation marked by introducing evolutions to old Pokemon, OBVIOUSLY Gen 4 will stand out as the least creative.
#29HemerukioPosted 1/30/2013 6:08:47 PM
While I believe that every gen has its share of gems and failures, I have to say that gen 4 has had the least number of new additions that I've liked.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#30TheGaijinPosted 1/30/2013 6:11:10 PM
I think there has been bad design in all gen but the one I felt the "ensemble cast" was the weakest is Gen 5
---
Final Fantasy XIV - Larek Darkholme @ Masamune