This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Least creative Pokemon Designs

#41DarkDragon386Posted 1/30/2013 8:37:58 PM
SirPierce posted...
scrappybristol posted...
Each generation has their share of good and bad designs.

Really wish more people viewed it this way.

---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#42_Taidow_Posted 1/30/2013 10:04:20 PM
FuneralCake posted...
First gen, by far.

I can sort of see why people would say gen 4, due to all the evolutions and such, but those still required more thought than most gen 1 Pokemon.

---
"The answer to a question I never asked."
#43Coop14(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:05:47 AM(edited)
GiftedACIII posted...
Coop14 posted...
Kajagogo posted...
Gen II had Houndoom, so anyone who votes for that is wrong.

Gen IV>Everything though I don't expect Gamefaqs noobs to have good taste.

Are you still in highschool?

Or are you trolling? FFS Noob?

Are we back in 2006?

Welp I am intrigued. We have a GenIV fanboy everyone ;)

Also I feel every Gen brought something to the table.

I just feel that designs are lackluster.

Are you butthurt that your nostalgia goggles are too tight? Only fail children care about designs, what are you still in 2nd grade? Gen IV finally modernized the Pokemon era and it turned it into the best. Deal with it, nostalgia fanboy. I started with Gen I btw kid.

As did I and that's purely what this topic is about scrub

I love Gen5 so how are my nostalgia glasses on too tight? I am talking pure designs and this is my OPINION heaven forbid its different from yours.

---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#44Skull_proPosted 1/31/2013 6:02:58 AM
SirPierce posted...
scrappybristol posted...

I agree with both the guy i quoted and the guy who wad quoted by the guy i quoted.

And sorry for the potential headache.
---
Pokemon X/Y are going to blow my mind. They already are.
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#45VoidBeyondPosted 1/31/2013 6:02:58 AM
_Taidow_ posted...
FuneralCake posted...
First gen, by far.

I can sort of see why people would say gen 4, due to all the evolutions and such, but those still required more thought than most gen 1 Pokemon.

---
GT: Dethrow2112//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN White FC: 4771 6383 7145
#46EnferolunosPosted 1/31/2013 6:12:45 AM
SirPierce posted...
scrappybristol posted...

Really? Because that doesn't nullify the question. In gen 3, there are a ton of designs I like, and very few that I hate. In gen 4, there are a ton that I hate, and very few that I like. Each still has it's "share of good and bad designs," but I still have a preference. It's maybe silly to bash a generation as garbage, but it's not weird/bad to have a preference.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#47MaurithPosted 1/31/2013 6:32:10 AM
VoidBeyond posted...
_Taidow_ posted...
FuneralCake posted...
First gen, by far.

Maurith posted...
I knew everyone would be saying Gen 1.

Okay, you've got your Grimers, your Voltorbs, your Seels, Digletts and Manemites.
Think about these ones: both Nidoran lines. They have rough similarities to some real creatures, but are really quite unique. You don't really see any original monsters anymore - most everything resembles an existing animal / object / etc, excluding legendaries.
Onix. Looks simple, but a rock snake? Nowadays they'd just make a snake that closer fits a conventional view of a snake like Grass. It's a snake, but with a unique twist.
Slowpoke and Slowbro. Mildly hippo-like but pretty unique. With Psychic powers? A Shellder clamped on its tail? Again, has quite a degree of originality.
Abra line, Jigglypuff line, Clefairy line, the Hitmons: being based on styles of fighting rather than an identifiable creature / whatever.
Fat, hypnotic tapirs. Psychic coconut trees. Unidentifiable, dinosaur-like creature wearing and using bones. Electabuzz. Magmar.

I think people got a bit too carried away using Gen 1 as a defense against people who said Gen 5 was crap and running out of ideas, that they forget to look at the ones that ARE creative. Every gen has some creative ones, and some simplistic ones.

---
Official Sawsbuck of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]
#48GiftedACIIIPosted 1/31/2013 5:08:30 PM
Coop14 posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
Coop14 posted...
Kajagogo posted...
Gen II had Houndoom, so anyone who votes for that is wrong.

Gen IV>Everything though I don't expect Gamefaqs noobs to have good taste.

Are you still in highschool?

Or are you trolling? FFS Noob?

Are we back in 2006?

Welp I am intrigued. We have a GenIV fanboy everyone ;)

Also I feel every Gen brought something to the table.

I just feel that designs are lackluster.

Are you butthurt that your nostalgia goggles are too tight? Only fail children care about designs, what are you still in 2nd grade? Gen IV finally modernized the Pokemon era and it turned it into the best. Deal with it, nostalgia fanboy. I started with Gen I btw kid.

As did I and that's purely what this topic is about scrub

I love Gen5 so how are my nostalgia glasses on too tight? I am talking pure designs and this is my OPINION heaven forbid its different from yours.

You're the scrub. Only scrubs put so much importance on faux aspects like design. Pokemon is all about the competitive, stats, abilities and movepool. Scrubs who suck too much and can't do it have to resort to the dumbest way to judge Pokemon, their designs which are utterly subjective unlike their competitive value.
#49Coop14(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 6:00:57 PM
But I do competitive as well! Your point is hilariously running in a circle

I am talking about ONE aspect, not another just ONE aspect.

Lord you have a thick head, either that or your a troll. Gonna go with the latter. I wonder what kind of individual you're in real life. Would be laughable. You must be a real hot shot at the parties.
---
The WoW boards. We are a dysfunctional family that have the potential of making the greatest sitcom ever written.
#50DarkBlueAntPosted 1/31/2013 6:08:31 PM
Ditto is the least creative design (I could literally come up with that thing in 10 seconds), but 4 is the least creative overall, since it's small and like half evolutions of existing guys.