This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Least creative Pokemon Designs

#51BlackCatNYCPosted 1/31/2013 7:14:18 PM
I'd say the first generation lacked creativity when you compare to all the Pokemon designs that followed it. I know it's practically blasphemy to criticize anything from the first generation but I feel that the creators weren't polished enough and didn't really think about the potential at the start.
---
Nintendo 3DS: 0473-8573-6109
#52PBustedPosted 2/1/2013 10:25:45 AM
BlackCatNYC posted...
I'd say the first generation lacked creativity when you compare to all the Pokemon designs that followed it. I know it's practically blasphemy to criticize anything from the first generation but I feel that the creators weren't polished enough and didn't really think about the potential at the start.

Nah, its not blasphemy. Just silly nostalgia 21 year olds who think that because they just hit legal age that they're hot shots
#53King-gamerPosted 2/1/2013 10:45:17 AM
5>1>3>2>4

Best to worst.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#54MoskidoPosted 2/1/2013 10:47:58 AM
BlackCatNYC posted...

Same thing I think everyday. Still have some favorites from that gen despite the designs but overall yeah.
---
FC Black 2: 2752 8681 7430
"Lebron James finally got a ring. Anything can happen now, I guess." - Myself.
#55MaurithPosted 2/1/2013 12:59:08 PM
I think Gen 1 has both some of the most and least creative.
---
Official Sawsbuck of the Pokemon XY boards
Wheel of Time Progress: EotW, TGH, TDR, TSR, [FoH: 2%]
#56iKhanicPosted 2/1/2013 1:03:16 PM
Its not about creativity. Its about subtle corruptions of everyday encounters. Thats what makes good pokemon. That's why Voltorb and Seel are good pokemon, and thats why Heatran is a stupid pokemon, because it tries to do too much.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#57M4nnimalPosted 2/1/2013 1:12:26 PM
Best to worst:

3>1>5>2>4
---
"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me."
#58MajinKogahazanPosted 2/1/2013 1:19:47 PM
I feel that 5 and 3 have more interesting designs with 2 and 4 having less interesting designs. 1 is somewhere in the middle.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://blue-heracross.deviantart.com/
Dubs>Subs
#59vital_tundraPosted 2/1/2013 1:34:54 PM
Most Pokemon don't look bad at all. But on the creative side, Gen 1 and 4 fall short.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#60sonicfanaticjtbPosted 2/1/2013 1:53:58 PM(edited)
DarkBlueAnt posted...
Ditto is the least creative design (I could literally come up with that thing in 10 seconds), but 4 is the least creative overall, since it's small and like half evolutions of existing guys.

Counting preevolutions, Gen 4 gave us 29 evolutions of old pokémon... That may seem like a lot, but when you remember that gen 4 had 107 new pokémon over all, that leaves us with 78 completely new pokémon.

For the sake of comparison, counting preevolutions, gen 2 gave us 17 evolutions of previous 'mons while only introducing 100 new pokémon over all... That leaves us with 83 completely new pokémon, which is only 5 more then gen 4.

The more you know

Anywho, I didn't vote, though, I'd probably vote gen 1 simply because of Ditto if I did...

Edit: I can't help but feel that I may have missed an evolution or two for gen 2 and perhaps gen 4... Ah well, ya'll get the point that I'm making either way.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?